Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Rodríguez Sánchez. Confirmed signing.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
For (hopefully, but probably not) the last time, we don't play 'normal' football. This is where it is played back to front quite quickly, with hopefully an attempt on goal. WE play a different game. Knock it around at the back letting the oppo set up 8/9 players around their box, then try to pick the lock with ineffective crosses, and no attempt to go down the channels. DR is probably a decent player, playing formations/tactics that are alien to him and probably 90% of players in the FL

I was going to 'thumbs down' but I'm thinking there's a joke in there somewhere.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I really domt like him he offers NOTHING. I think he is WORSE than Obika. All Rod does is run around alot. At least CMS ran with purpose.

Are you campaigning for votes to be crowned the new Withdean W***er? If so, writing off a player so embarrassingly early is a superb way to go about it. :thumbsup:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I was being serious as it happens. Could you give us your take on how we play and set up against teams?

Thumbs down then! :)

We play a 4-2-1-3, with 3 up front rotating around Ulloa. Each player knows when to rotate and when to move into space. The outer of the 3 can pull back, allowing wither the 1 in the middle or either full back to overlap, and the CF (Ulloa) can also drag his defender towards the centre, allowing the '1' (at the moment, that's Orlandi/Stephens) to bomb forward. When trained well and played well, this system is difficult to defend against. We are playing it well, and by the looks of it, everyone in the team knows where to go, how to play and it's creating far more chances than last season. We're just not sticking the ball in the net at the moment.

If you honestly think we can create 23 shots on goal with 65% of the possession while nobody knowing what they're doing, you're madder than I thought.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Thumbs down then! :)

We play a 4-2-1-3, with 3 up front rotating around Ulloa.

No we don't.... As confirmed by Jones a few weeks back, and Clarke Carlisle on commentary last night, we play 4-1-4-1.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Can't believe people think he's shown promise!!

When he plays it's like playing with 10 men, he's absolute rubbish.

No pace
No skill
Too small
Too weak

If he's English people would be slating him, Stephens looks far more promising.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
No we don't.... As confirmed by Jones a few weeks back, and Clarke Carlisle on commentary last night, we play 4-1-4-1.

He also thought fans would be wondering why Obika was being left on the bench so i'm not sure he has a clue about anything

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding

No pace
No skill
Too small
Too weak

Although I am yet to be convinced by him myself.. must take issue with your analysis:

He clearly DOES have Pace.
Too small for what exactly?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The man from Argentina says he is a good player, so we need to give him a chance. It is not like we are losing much by him not coming up to scratch (4 month contract) and we have a lot to gain if he does. We need to get used to this sort of signing, as I reckon this is the market we are in now ie not spunking 25k a week on failing PL players.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004

No pace
No skill
Too small
Too weak

Stephens looks like he will get more involved and miss more sitters definately. He also looks lilely to be a sent off at some point as he's tackling technique looks pretty awful

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Although I am yet to be convinced by him myself.. must take issue with your analysis:

He clearly DOES have Pace.
Too small for what exactly?

This has the same feel as all the dullards slagging off Conway after one air shot at Yeovil......then all entering into the general love in when we wanted to sign him in January....... Rodders has pace and skill, he us simply still transitioning.....two more games and I think he will give us what we originally expected..... Class and experience.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
This has the same feel as all the dullards slagging off Conway after one air shot at Yeovil......then all entering into the general love in when we wanted to sign him in January....... Rodders has pace and skill, he us simply still transitioning.....two more games and I think he will give us what we originally expected..... Class and experience.

I'm looking forward to seeing this guy when he settles.

And oh, that pace!

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
Isn't that what the DS is for? Seems a bit of a luxury getting him up to speed in such important games

Certainly at the beginning of the season it seemed the Oscar way to use the first team to get people fit.

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding

Yep exactly. Showed alot of promise in his first appearence. You can see he is struggling to get to grips with the speed/physicality of the games now, but that will come.

He isn't Lionel Messi....but he'll be ok :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here