Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Spanish dave is Plan B.

Nothing like him

Plan-B-001.jpg

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Need a confident penalty taker for sure.
One who doesn't buckle under pressure.
i.e. 94th minute away to BlackBum

Yep, we need Spanish Dave, hes a good good player. We would benefit so much with him in our ranks next season

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
A bit like the Calderon episode when the door was shut and then re-opened.

What's Spanish for 'Deja Vu'?

Yep....it's deja vu all over again.

But then El Abds contract offer wasnt withdrawn while oscar assessed things...hmmmm

It could be that ElAbd's weekly wage is slightly lower in the 2 year contract than in the one year - but gives him more stability.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Anyway, well done to the lad who started that petition about getting the club to re-sign Spanish Dave, seems like the club listened to him after all. Perhaps all the anti-Barber brigade will shut up now.

With respect, do you REALLY think the club makes decisions on who to sign/not sign based on petitions from fans?

I for one certainly hope not. I would rather these decisions be left to the professionals at the club.

If he comes back I guess that will be good. He had his moments, but didn't set the world alight on a consistent basis.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
What did Naylors tweet say? can't see embedded stuff like that at work

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
What did Naylors tweet say? can't see embedded stuff like that at work

The gist was that Spanish Dave was signing, according to Naylor's sources. Additionally, Naylor feels that we need a senior LB, a creative midfielder and another striking option. Also, OG has said that he will be making signings after the season has started.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
The gist was that Spanish Dave was signing, according to Naylor's sources. Additionally, Naylor feels that we need a senior LB, a creative midfielder and another striking option. Also, OG has said that he will be making signings after the season has started.

Cheers, interesting that another striker might be an option? Considering we'll have 3 strikers (come Sept) fighting for the one slot?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Will be very pleased if true, but a little concerned if the reason he is coming back is the club has given in to fan pressure. Hopefully they had a game plan all along and wanted him at right price.

Good grief!

You do live in cloud cuckoo land don't you?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Half of NSC knew it was Spanish Dave on Fri / Sat - hardly a breaking story Argus :lol:

Well done @bozza for originally calling this...

albionite

May 20, 2009
Good grief!

You do live in cloud cuckoo land don't you?

Why is that cloud cuckoo land, read it again and notice the word LITTLE. You and I have no idea why they have done a u turn about signing him, its all guess work at moment. My point is that I hope this isn't the reason (how ever unlikely that is the case).

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
With respect, do you REALLY think the club makes decisions on who to sign/not sign based on petitions from fans?

I for one certainly hope not. I would rather these decisions be left to the professionals at the club.

If he comes back I guess that will be good. He had his moments, but didn't set the world alight on a consistent basis.
What? Are you saying that the club ignored a fan petition on the internet that had nearly 100 signatures? I find that very hard to believe.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Anyway, well done to the lad who started that petition about getting the club to re-sign Spanish Dave, seems like the club listened to him after all. Perhaps all the anti-Barber brigade will shut up now.

:lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Perhaps what happened was the offer made to Spanish Dave was made by Burke/Poyet but, when Oscar came in, he decided the offer was quite a large part of his available budget and he needed time to assess the players he had first. Because of this, maybe Oscar withdrew the offer at that time. Maybe some renegotiating has been taking place since. Maybe mutually agreeable terms have been found. Maybe he'll come back as a result.

Maybe it's that.

This is, MAYBE, the most plausible reason.

:lolol:

Whoosh

Will be very pleased if true, but a little concerned if the reason he is coming back is the club has given in to fan pressure. Hopefully they had a game plan all along and wanted him at right price.

:ffsparr:

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Spanish Dave just tweeted glad to be back at Brighton, get in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here