Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Moyes

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Lord help us. Anyone but Moyes.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't know where Moyes goes from here.

He did a good job with Everton, but then Martinez has showed he can get the same results. Indeed, Martinez has managed to retain the likes of Baines and Barkley that make Everton a decent side. He won't get a bigger job than Man Utd, but would he want to try and do the same thing at somewhere like Newcastle with a more demanding chairman and supporters?

Scottish football is too noddy, Strachan is now well-set as Scotland manager. He really needs to take inspiration from how Andre Villas Boas has bounced back from leaving English football to doing a great job at Zenit St Petersburg - P26, W20, D4, L2.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
do you write that before you thought about it?

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Even if Hypia was sacked and TB approached Moyes I would imagine his wage demands would put him way out of our reach. Can't see us getting anywhere the reputedly £5m a year he was on at Man United. I would imagine Moyes is waiting for Newcastle or Villa or maybe a job abroad, as he has said before he would like to manage abroad. I imagine working abroad would be a good way of possibly restroring his reputation (a la McClaren post England). Celtic would also be a possible destination as a good way to restore his reputation with the almost guaranteed silverware the SPL would bring him. Although given the the difficulties LVG has experienced so far at Man United I would say Moyes reputation has already been partly restored.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Really? for the budget he had at Everton it was pretty good.
Don't think it was that great. Over the years he had more and more money to spend and didn't improve the team that much with the players he got in.

Although i doubt the next manager of Brighton will have that much involvement in player recruitment.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Don't think it was that great. Over the years he had more and more money to spend and didn't improve the team that much with the players he got in.

Don't think that's true, a few years back the Guardian ran a survey on points per pounds spent in the PL and Moyes was second behind Wenger (and as the Guardian pointed out, if wages had been taken into account too, he'd probably have been top). This was about five or six years ago but I don't recall any huge Everton buys that would have changed that.

Of course he won't come to Brighton, I'd have thought he'd be a shoo-in at Newcastle ... but anyone who says they wouldn't want him down here really has been smoking too much of the wrong kind of stuff

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
@ brightn'ove

Lucky, Lucky, Lucky

Damn you! I have got that crap song in my head all day now!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Hilarious. Sacked by the end of February then.

I never really rated him, a friend is an Everton fan and they were always disappointed with his management. Everton usually always started well and faded away or started crap each season and went on a good run but always too late for the top honours. Almost every year there were calls for his sacking either at the end or the beginning of the season. Still, if it all goes wrong he should get enough of a top up to his Man U payoff so that he never needs to work again.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here