JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The 3 Greatest British PM's ... Churchill ... Thatcher ... Cameron

winston_churchill-2-cameron-300.jpg

:fishing:

Yoda

English & European
Cameron returning with his tail between his legs and trying to spin it as a triumph. The biggest boost the out campaign has had since it started.

Or is that too difficult to see?

Must only be those that have already decided on "out" that can see that. I am a fence, but reading at what he managed to get pushed through compared to what a lot of the Eastern Countries wanted, he's managed to pull of a compromise that is more in our favour than theirs. (And I can't stand the bloke).

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
I'm Conservative through and through but this 'deal' means nothing. Once the nation is pursuaded to vote to stay in the EU the other member states will block it from happening and there will be fvck all we can do! And we will be told there's no going back now so tough!
Watered down rubbish. Why should this so called 'brake' be limited to 7 years. Bollox it's our country and we will decide how long it will last and should be permanent really!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
reading at what he managed to get pushed through compared to what a lot of the Eastern Countries wanted, he's managed to pull of a compromise that is more in our favour than theirs. (And I can't stand the bloke).
What exactly can you see that's been agreed? I've looked at the reports seem to lack detail. His speech was standard political BS (as one would expect), including telling us that we won't join the Euro - I had no idea that was even under discussion, I thought that was a given.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The 3 Greatest British PM's ... Churchill ... Thatcher ... Cameron
o
You're forgetting Chamberlain's triumphant return from negotiations in Europe.......mind you, Thatcher did a pretty good job of battling for Britain in European negotiations, and coming back with sweet FA. I seem to remember they even made her sign the Single European Act for being a naughty girl...........

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Looks like the usual Tory fan boys are back spinning this as if it's an achievement...

And one Labour supporter. Fair play to the man. I don't agree with all of it but if it makes things easier for the less committed Europeans amongst us then all things considered it's a good thing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Watered down rubbish. Why should this so called 'brake' be limited to 7 years. Bollox it's our country and we will decide how long it will last and should be permanent really!

You're quite right; we will decide......in the imminent referendum.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Looks like the usual Tory fan boys are back spinning this as if it's an achievement...

Of course it is an achievement for Cameron,he outlined what he was going for,went there and got what he wanted. Cant knock him for that.

The deal itself is a load of w@nk though in the context of the bigger picture. I really don’t know why he even bothered. It doesn’t return sovereignty,it doesn’t return judicial powers,it doesn’t make The EU suddenly democratic and it doesn’t put us in control of our borders.It’s a useful as a concrete parachute.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Of course it is an achievement for Cameron,he outlined what he was going for,went there and got what he wanted.

The deal itself is a load of w@nk though ................................. It doesn’t return sovereignty,it doesn’t return judicial powers,it doesn’t make The EU suddenly democratic and it doesn’t put us in control of our borders.It’s a useful as a concrete parachute.

.......and that's what Cameron wanted? Blimey, He's even more of a sh!t PM than I thought!

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
..............and isn't it fantastic that he's invented a cure for cancer too.........and that bears in Alaska have started using public lavatories rather than fouling up the local woodland....

:facepalm:

Yes it's incredible that Dave has come up with a cancer cure, and even more so that Grizzlies are finally becoming more hygenically aware!
However, I'm not sure I can believe that he has bullied a bunch of cleverer politicians than himself, into allowing us to stay in 'the club' but not need to adhere to its rules.

I know it's rather cynical and maybe unfair of me to suggest, but I wonder if he's trying to mislead us for some reason? But there again, he's a politician so he wouldn't do that would he?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Must only be those that have already decided on "out" that can see that. I am a fence, but reading at what he managed to get pushed through compared to what a lot of the Eastern Countries wanted, he's managed to pull of a compromise that is more in our favour than theirs. (And I can't stand the bloke).

This is my position just about word for word. It sticks in the throat to say that I actually agree with something he has said.

Feb 14, 2010
Any chance of the press talking about the issues in a rational, calm fashion, instead of making it about personality and a personality contest? You know things like 1. The democracy of the EU 2. The economy 3. The legal framework 4. The social advantages and disadvantages 5. The direction the EU wants to travel ect. No, I suppose not, they have air time and papers to fill and well most of the press dont seem very bright. Why on earth anyone would be influenced by what Boris or anyone else thinks I dont know. Is thinking for yourself too much to ask?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It is an achievement.

I've never voted for Dodgy Dave, but he's pulled off an impressive result here.

Quite. I've just been catching up on the news. He has reached an agreement unanimously with Europe, and the best his opposition can come up with, is the agreement is weak.

D

Deleted member 22389

Quite. I've just been catching up on the news. He has reached an agreement unanimously with Europe, and the best his opposition can come up with, is the agreement is weak.

I heard on the radio, that this deal has to be passed by all the other countries and won't be done until after the referendum, which means it can be changed. So people might vote to Remain and then what Cameron asked for gets changed. Secondly I don't think it comes in to effect until 2020 either, not it's not worthless but it's not set in stone either and it still doesn't address the real issue of open borders.

Feb 14, 2010

Is anyone going to take the issues line by line or is everyone just going to say "he said that ah yes but she said that" or the worst I have heard "the now deceased Maggie Thatcher would have said the other". Its true what they say, democracy is a dreadful system, its just the best one we have got.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The deal has to be passed by all the other countries and won't be done until after the referendum, which means it can be changed. Secondly I don't think it comes in to effect until 2020 either, not it's not worthless but it's not set in stone either and it still doesn't address the real issue of open borders.
No, it comes into effect once the uk has a referendum, if the result is 'stay in'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here