Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] David Cameron

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
There's some superb stuff on the piggate hashtag on twitter.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
12036829_1159233904092878_6953091420624803299_n.jpg

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
“The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.”

It would be so petty to remember a thread from some months ago when somebody used 'Cemetry Gates' to suggest the intellectual bancruptcy of quoting other people's lines.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It would be so petty to remember a thread from some months ago when somebody used 'Cemetry Gates' to suggest the intellectual bancruptcy of quoting other people's lines.
Doesn't Morrissey take people to task for plagiarism in that song rather than as you suggest? I've put it fully in quotation marks so there's no attempt at borrowing it for myself.

So no, not petty. Just inaccurate. [emoji106]

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Doesn't Morrissey take people to task for plagiarism in that song rather than as you suggest? I've put it fully in quotation marks so there's no attempt at borrowing it for myself.

So no, not petty. Just inaccurate. [emoji106]

Morrissey does, but you didn't. If memory serves you said something like: quotations are overused and lazy and done to make the user look clever.

(Your accusation obviously touched a nerve, self regarding intellectual snob that I am. I would put an emoticon here to indicate that I'm just trying to pull your leg, but I think I said in the same discussion that I'm just too uptight to use them.)

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
"On Day One, the book claims that:-

Lynton Crosby, the pollster who guided the PM to electoral victory, privately thinks he is a ‘tosser’ and ‘posh ****’"

In other news, Bears spotted defecating in the woods......

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
I note with interest that the BBC are keeping very quiet about this story, just a small bit on the Papers section without showing the Daily Mail front page, opting instead to lead with the Daily Express's twice weekly story about dementia...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here