Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Cameron bottles a meeting with Nigel Farage?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
: because it would be pleasurable to see farage rip him apart that is why:rave:
It would be far more fun locking Farage in a small room with Carswell.!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
i think the majority of public will see through his flannel, but i still maintain that boris and co will when it comes to it put party before country..

One of the difficulties I have with your posts is that your English is hard to follow. Are you saying that Boris and Co will put party before country, or that they will see through the PM's 'flannel'? Or both?

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
One of the difficulties I have with your posts is that your English is hard to follow. Are you saying that Boris and Co will put party before country, or that they will see through the PM's 'flannel'? Or both?

they recognize his bullsh*t alright yet are still prepared to put party before country. corbyn is another one who puts party first before country.. he too would like us to leave but because the rest of his party are united in remaining in he spinelessly joins them. .

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
they recognize his bullsh*t alright yet are still prepared to put party before country. corbyn is another one who puts party first before country.. he too would like us to leave but because the rest of his party are united in remaining in he spinelessly joins them. .

You're right, there's been a lot of 'putting party before country' going on. The very existence of the referendum is a good example of that: it was promised by Cameron purely as a device to serve the internal convenience of the Conservative Party. He saw it as a way of outflanking UKIP and his own right wing, calculating that a vote to stay in would force his rebels to quieten down, accept their lot, and toe the party line.

He has probably made a grievous miscalculation. Two miscalculations. First, it is entirely possible that the outers will tap into the current vibe of 'People against The Establishment' (the one that saw the rise of Farage and Corbyn) and actually win the thing. Second, even if they don't, they won't go away. They won't accept defeat. They will claim that politicians have lied to the people. They will talk of scaremongering and even vote-rigging. They won't see the 40 per cent or whatever share of the vote they get as a high point. They'll see it as a stepping stone, just as the SNP do in Scotland. The Mail and the Express will go into hypermode. Tory MPs will look nervously at their constituency associations. Uncertainty will rule. The country will drift. The Conservative Party will tear itself apart and Labour will be in no position to fill the vacuum. Nothing will be the same again.

British politics will realign.

It's going to be exciting, in a car crash sort of way.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
You're right, there's been a lot of 'putting party before country' going on. The very existence of the referendum is a good example of that: it was promised by Cameron purely as a device to serve the internal convenience of the Conservative Party. He saw it as a way of outflanking UKIP and his own right wing, calculating that a vote to stay in would force his rebels to quieten down, accept their lot, and toe the party line.

He has probably made a grievous miscalculation. Two miscalculations. First, it is entirely possible that the outers will tap into the current vibe of 'People against The Establishment' (the one that saw the rise of Farage and Corbyn) and actually win the thing. Second, even if they don't, they won't go away. They won't accept defeat. They will claim that politicians have lied to the people. They will talk of scaremongering and even vote-rigging. They won't see the 40 per cent or whatever share of the vote they get as a high point. They'll see it as a stepping stone, just as the SNP do in Scotland. The Mail and the Express will go into hypermode. Tory MPs will look nervously at their constituency associations. Uncertainty will rule. The country will drift. The Conservative Party will tear itself apart and Labour will be in no position to fill the vacuum. Nothing will be the same again.

British politics will realign.

It's going to be exciting, in a car crash sort of way.
correct people at long last are now beginning to wake up to all of the scams corruption backhanders etc that goes on within both parliament and that of the EU, even the media are now beginning to be questioned and quit rightly so..so they should...
correct again mate.. whichever way this referendum swings camerons choice to give it will almost certainly backfire on him .in a way that he will live to regret.for the rest of his life. and i for one am glad, very glad infact.. the cheating sniveling scumbag deserves no less..
spot on this will be a car crash alright, something we have never seen before thats for sure.:rave:.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
H
correct people at long last are now beginning to wake up to all of the scams corruption backhanders etc that goes on within both parliament and that of the EU, even the media are now beginning to be questioned and quit rightly so..so they should...
correct again mate.. whichever way this referendum swings camerons choice to give it will almost certainly backfire on him .in a way that he will live to regret.for the rest of his life. and i for one am glad, very glad infact.. the cheating sniveling scumbag deserves no less..
spot on this will be a car crash alright, something we have never seen before thats for sure.:rave:.

David Cameron's problem is that he is leading a fractured party, as is Jeremy Corbyn, and as was John Major. I don't think his strategy for dealing with it - ie the referendum - will work but I'd not describe him as a cheating, snivelling scumbag, even if I thought he was, which I don't. That sort of language belongs almost exclusively to the outers, although I expect they'll deny it.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
H

David Cameron's problem is that he is leading a fractured party, as is Jeremy Corbyn, and as was John Major. I don't think his strategy for dealing with it - ie the referendum - will work but I'd not describe him as a cheating, snivelling scumbag, even if I thought he was, which I don't. That sort of language belongs almost exclusively to the outers, although I expect they'll deny it.

i am an outer encase you haven't noticed and i use whatever language i feel best suited for the man. if you believe that he's honest and trustworthy then you crack on.my friend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here