Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Cameron bottles a meeting with Nigel Farage?

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Well i reckon Cameron will get precious little out of talks and propositions today with EU countries. He will try and talk them up when he gets back and hope that the voters are hoodwinked. The proof will be on what side of the fence his own party members like Boris fall.

i think the majority of public will see through his flannel, but i still maintain that boris and co will when it comes to it put party before country..

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Who have 190 members compared to the EFDD's 45 - seems like a no-brainer to me

Spot on. Soulman is typical of rabid EU outers. Absolutely screaming to be involved, but their job is done and they are now doing more harm than good with their incessant blaming of the EU or anyone who ignore their pressure group, for absolutely everything.
[MENTION=26105]Soulman[/MENTION] - wake up. Our piggy faced PM has absolutely no need to meet Farage and his ilk. He is not running scared, he just doesn't need to do it.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
i think the majority of public will see through his flannel, but i still maintain that boris and co will when it comes to it put party before country..

It is a charade.

David Cameron's EU deal can't be legally binding, EU Parliament president Martin Schulz says.
David Cameron’s package of EU reforms cannot be made legally binding before the British public vote on it, the president of the European Parliament has said.
Martin Schulz said the European Parliament could amend any deal done at today’s summit and would not necessarily even rubber-stamp it at all.
The president’s statement means that Britain may not get the deal agreed by Mr Cameron if it ultimately votes to stay IN the EU.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...nt-president-martin-schulz-says-a6876861.html

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Spot on. Soulman is typical of rabid EU outers. Absolutely screaming to be involved, but their job is done and they are now doing more harm than good with their incessant blaming of the EU or anyone who ignore their pressure group, for absolutely everything.
[MENTION=26105]Soulman[/MENTION] - wake up. Our piggy faced PM has absolutely no need to meet Farage and his ilk. He is not running scared, he just doesn't need to do it.

Jeez, i know, i have fully woken up thanks, but why was it Mr. Cameron was scheduled to meet with European Parliament group leaders – Mr. Farage included – tomorrow in Brussels. If he had no intention and only wanted to meet the IN Euro leaders then why not just do that instead of looking foolish and lying.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm no fan of Cameron but support his decision to swerve Farage. Why should he meet him?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Jeez, i know, i have fully woken up thanks, but why was it Mr. Cameron was scheduled to meet with European Parliament group leaders – Mr. Farage included – tomorrow in Brussels. If he had no intention and only wanted to meet the IN Euro leaders then why not just do that instead of looking foolish and lying.

He's not looking foolish at all FFS. You're kidding yourself.

There is so obviously nothing to be gained from him wasting his time meeting a gobshite like Farage.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Boris will do what's best for Boris.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
It is a charade.

David Cameron's EU deal can't be legally binding, EU Parliament president Martin Schulz says.
David Cameron’s package of EU reforms cannot be made legally binding before the British public vote on it, the president of the European Parliament has said.
Martin Schulz said the European Parliament could amend any deal done at today’s summit and would not necessarily even rubber-stamp it at all.
The president’s statement means that Britain may not get the deal agreed by Mr Cameron if it ultimately votes to stay IN the EU.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...nt-president-martin-schulz-says-a6876861.html

exactly, how can you trust them when any kind of deal can be overturned. cameron knows this anyway but he's just trying to flannel the public,,, and those of the public who are soppy buy this:ohmy:

It is a charade.

All Schulz is saying is that to be legally binding any agreement by the Council and the UK also has to be approved by the European Parliament; that's not a surprise surely and isn't it desirable?
Why would the UK government decide to hold a referendum before this has been done?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
All Schulz is saying is that to be legally binding any agreement by the Council and the UK also has to be approved by the European Parliament; that's not a surprise surely and isn't it desirable?
Why would the UK government decide to hold a referendum before this has been done?

So the UK voters could vote IN thinking that the deals that Cameron has asked for have been agreed to....only to find out afterwards that "Martin Schulz said the European Parliament could amend any deal done at today’s summit and would not necessarily even rubber-stamp it at all".

So in other words the UK public could be voting thinking issues have been solved when clearly they can be changed after the votes.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
So the UK voters could vote IN thinking that the deals that Cameron has asked for have been agreed to....only to find out afterwards that "Martin Schulz said the European Parliament could amend any deal done at today’s summit and would not necessarily even rubber-stamp it at all".

So in other words the UK public could be voting thinking issues have been solved when clearly they can be changed after the votes.

All a joke! Cameron knows that there will be no treaty change and he is trying to dupe the British public just like Heath

From 1971

http://www.euexit.com/fco-30-1048.html

There's a clue in the second sentence of my initial post that may answer your "concerns"; I also believe the date of the referendum has yet to be announced. Capiche?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm stunned at you all leaping in with your opinions before you have seen Pretty Pink Fairy's in depth analysis of the situation

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here