• OUT

Votes: 214 85.6%
  • FENCE

Votes: 22 8.8%

• Total voters

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Interesting that in Sami Hyypia's departure he thanks the fans, Bloom, Barber, the players, the staff but no mention of Burke. That's where the problem is. Burke out.

Well thats three managers now gone who have played international football, seems that they could not cope with the players chosen for them by a guy who played at Rymans League level.

Last edited:

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Interesting that in Sami Hyypia's departure he thanks the fans, Bloom, Barber, the players, the staff but no mention of Burke. That's where the problem is. Burke out.

This. Quite clearly didn't mention Burke and that stood out for me. He has to go as it was his fault that we identified the players recruited at the start the season and we are in danger of doing the same in January if he is involved.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
If he had any decency, he'd sling his hook pronto.

Absolutely appalling signings last summer and not through a lack of funding.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Makes you wonder if maybe Sami gave him a wish list for January as TB had stated that he would back him, he gave it to Burke who then just poo pooed it and gave him his own collection of Z-listers to which Sami thought it would be best to resign now and save the grief

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
At the very least his job needs to be re-assessed. Perhaps just do the development side. If retaining recruitment role it should be more 'Chief Scout' - and under the line-management of the manager.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Makes you wonder if maybe Sami gave him a wish list for January as TB had stated that he would back him, he gave it to Burke who then just poo pooed it and gave him his own collection of Z-listers to which Sami thought it would be best to resign now and save the grief

Conspiracy theory!

But quite an interesting one............

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

Would'nt be surprised, it was mentioned in the summer Sami gave him a list of Finnish players to scout but we never ended up with any just as we didn't from Oscar's list. the more I look at it the more I see Burke as a power crazy knob.

rudolf hucker

Jul 26, 2009
Hove
Has to be out. The biggest failing at the club is a recruitment system that has allowed any replacement players brought in to be far inferior to those that have departed.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Do you really think Burke had the power to do that, to basically refuse players the manager requests? Surely that's where Barber and Bloom get involved to back the manager. Can't believe Burke wields that sort of power.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Would'nt be surprised, it was mentioned in the summer Sami gave him a list of Finnish players to scout but we never ended up with any just as we didn't from Oscar's list. the more I look at it the more I see Burke as a power crazy knob.

I am one of Burke's biggest critics and I really think he is out of his depth in this job, but if you look at his previous career and he has good knowledge of setting up academies and working with youth. So let him work in these areas and let the knew manager be in charge of recruitment with scouts reporting to the manager and assistant manager.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Are we going to do a vote on all the staff, right down to catering?

Actually, can we do catering next?

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
At the rate we change managers the last thing we want is the upheaval of changing backroom staff and players. So IN.

There is the thought that if we had got rid of Burke earlier then we would not have changed managers. If we don't address this issue, then we could appoint a new man now and be looking again for another manager in the Summer.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Out, or at least a reassessment of duties. Now is a time for wholesale changes at recruitment and managerial level. Barber has done fine on the commercial side, but on the pitch it hasn't worked. If we can avoid relegation this season whilst changing the set up, hopefully we can push on next season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here