Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
No chance. They just sold two strikers. Move on.

So?

We've been binning off strikers left, right and centre, and now only have a couple left.

Anyone evens mentions 'Brighton' and we immediately loan them a striker or two. Couldn't Benfica be the same to us?

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Naylor now confirming we've given up on him (at least for this window).

Have to admit I was still holding out some hope... Think it's very odd to let Sima leave on loan when we have fewer options up front that we did last season. Assumed we were letting him go in the knowledge that we had another forward arriving who was first team ready in the club's eyes. Maybe not...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

Have to admit I was still holding out some hope... Think it's very odd to let Sima leave on loan when we have fewer options up front that we did last season. Assumed we were letting him go in the knowledge that we had another forward arriving who was first team ready in the club's eyes. Maybe not...

The mystery man still an option!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
There has to be someone else coming. We probably need another 2 or 3. At this stage the squad is weaker than last season, no doubt, especially up front where the biggest need has resided for the past few years. Tony has something up his sleeve. He must.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

I look forward to a third window wasting our time chasing this guy :facepalm:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
There has to be someone else coming. We probably need another 2 or 3. At this stage the squad is weaker than last season, no doubt, especially up front where the biggest need has resided for the past few years. Tony has something up his sleeve. He must.

I bloody hope so

we currently have a semi-croc A lister past his prime, A B list French nutter and a C list pro-celebrity Elf.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
given up this guy. Starting to give up on a striker again. Pretty shambolic if go with the 3 we have. Hopefully will survive and we can do it all again next summer

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
It seems very strange we’d let Andone, Tau, & Zeqiri leave with nobody coming in. Connolly isn’t good enough, Welbeck is unlikely to play a whole season for fitness reasons, and Maupay is inconsistent (I’d guess especially so if he has little competition). I know we rarely go for loans but surely that an answer for this season.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
given up this guy. Starting to give up on a striker again. Pretty shambolic if go with the 3 we have. Hopefully will survive and we can do it all again next summer

Same old story sadly when it comes to strikers. The thought of relying on just three strikers until at least the New Year fills me full of dread. I don't count Locadia as an attacking option.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

How do you think the squad is weaker? We've only sold one player that made regular first team appearances last year but brought in two whom you'd expect to be in every matchday squad.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
How do you think the squad is weaker? We've only sold one player that made regular first team appearances last year but brought in two whom you'd expect to be in every matchday squad.

But in terms of strikers, we've got rid of Zequiri and Tau (borderline striker/winger) since last season. And turned down the possibility of Andone rejoining. And not added anyone.

So this part of the team is unquestionably weaker, or – if you're being charitable – "not any better".

But that's ok because no-one ever raised the thought that we might need improving upfront last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here