Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
The only news I've seen on Nunez was on twitter last night which said something along the lines of Nunez won't be sold in this window, they will keep him until Jan at the earliest.
So it appears based on rumours obviously that we won't be getting him. Add Edouard to that list too (if you believe Owen and Naylor) which means we have no other rumours of strikers to work on! So either we're putting all of our eggs in one basket with Nunez, which has a strong chance of not happening, or the Club are managing to keep it all very quiet!

They wont sell in this window, he is expected to be out due to knee surgery until mid September, therefore he is highly unlikely to pass a medical before the transfer deadline.
They may be able to loan him out in September with an obligation to buy in January, in which case they are right, he will be a Benfica player until January at least.

As for other strikers, Edouard is no more than rumour and has been denied by the club according to both Naylor and Owen, this is good news imho as we already have Jurgen Locadia and dont need another. Harsh? On Locadia maybe, both players have comparable goals, and goal involvement stats per minutes played outside the premier league, seeing as Edouard has never played at this level. It could also be argued that the Eredivisie is in fact better than the SPL, not much but still better. Also Locadia has done it over a longer period of time.

Locadia goal every 157 minutes, goal or assist every 111 minutes.
Edouard goal every 151 minutes, goal or assist every 104 minutes.

So Edouard just edges it, i'm not trying to say keep Locadia, god no, he's shit imho, i'm just saying dont replace him with someone who i dont think is much of an upgrade.

Back to Nuñez, statistically he isn't as good as either, i do like him though, from what i have seen of him i think he will do very well in the premier league, not sure i would want us to pay the amounts being quoted though, north of 30 million quid, not sure.

That leaves Nketiah, who is also injured, but is expected to be fit within a week or so, again i like what i see with this lad, i hear all the arguements about only 2 goals last season, same as Connolly, only 5 goals in 38 games blah blah blah, someone said earlier that Arsenal score more goals than us, yes they do, but they've got Aubamayang, Lacazette and Pepe up front also worth noting, i'm sure i read somewhere, they create less. Nketiah's record using the same metric as with the others is really impressive. Throughout his career, including youth levels u18 and above (as i did with the others) is

Goal every 117 minutes, Goal or assist every 96 minutes.

Even just looking at premier league level a goal every 225 minutes, goal or assist every 187 minutes is better than all of our players except Welbeck and even then on goals only Nketiah is ahead.

Nketiah like Edouard wants to leave, he has refused a new contract and that is being reflected in the prices being quoted which are between 15 and 20 million, i think once fit, Brighton should bite their hands off at that price.

Just my opinion though.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
They wont sell in this window, he is expected to be out due to knee surgery until mid September, therefore he is highly unlikely to pass a medical before the transfer deadline.
They may be able to loan him out in September with an obligation to buy in January, in which case they are right, he will be a Benfica player until January at least.

As for other strikers, Edouard is no more than rumour and has been denied by the club according to both Naylor and Owen, this is good news imho as we already have Jurgen Locadia and dont need another. Harsh? On Locadia maybe, both players have comparable goals, and goal involvement stats per minutes played outside the premier league, seeing as Edouard has never played at this level. It could also be argued that the Eredivisie is in fact better than the SPL, not much but still better. Also Locadia has done it over a longer period of time.

So Edouard just edges it, i'm not trying to say keep Locadia, god no, he's shit imho, i'm just saying dont replace him with someone who i dont think is much of an upgrade.

Back to Nuñez, statistically he isn't as good as either, i do like him though, from what i have seen of him i think he will do very well in the premier league, not sure i would want us to pay the amounts being quoted though, north of 30 million quid, not sure.

That leaves Nketiah, who is also injured, but is expected to be fit within a week or so, again i like what i see with this lad, i hear all the arguements about only 2 goals last season, same as Connolly, only 5 goals in 38 games blah blah blah, someone said earlier that Arsenal score more goals than us, yes they do, but they've got Aubamayang, Lacazette and Pepe up front also worth noting, i'm sure i read somewhere, they create less. Nketiah's record using the same metric as with the others is really impressive. Throughout his career, including youth levels u18 and above (as i did with the others) is

Even just looking at premier league level a goal every 225 minutes, goal or assist every 187 minutes is better than all of our players except Welbeck and even then on goals only Nketiah is ahead.

Nketiah like Edouard wants to leave, he has refused a new contract and that is being reflected in the prices being quoted which are between 15 and 20 million, i think once fit, Brighton should bite their hands off at that price.

Just my opinion though.

Don't agree with this. Players are often transferred with known injuries (often to us) and these are factored in during the medical.

It will also depend on Benfica's financial position which will largely be determined by their CL status.

I think there's a good chance they will sell. Not necessarily to us.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Don't agree with this. Players are often transferred with known injuries (often to us) and these are factored in during the medical.

It will also depend on Benfica's financial position which will largely be determined by their CL status.

I think there's a good chance they will sell. Not necessarily to us.

Really, who was the last player we signed, whilst injured? I'm not talking about a dead leg or a twisted ankle that will clear up in a week or so, Nuñez is recovering from surgery, we or even Benfica, will need to be sure it has been succesful, this wont be 100% known until he is back in training and putting it under pressure while sprinting, twisting and turning, i dont know of one club that would spunk 30 million on, probably be fine, he will not pass a medical.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Why not just grow up ? If you have problems with other posters Private message them and leave these threads for posters who wish to inform or be informed, really isn't that difficult, reading rants and replies may be your bag but they are not for everybody.

My apologies. I guess I should just make up an informative update since there are no updates then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Well your posts are difficult to understand then!

That I can believe and accept. Now, putting other posters on ignore, that really is pretty pathetic IMHO. Just another flounce.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
You do this every summer. These threads are interesting for the rest of us to check if there has been any movement. I am not in the least bit interested in your constant attention seeking and petty point scoring. Please give it a rest.

I do apologise for defending myself. I will continue to do so. Sorry again.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea

Just my opinion though.

I don’t really follow your logic. If you look at the only truly comparable metric - youth international football, Edouard has scored 43 in 51 games for the various France teams (u17-U21s) and Nketiah 35 from 38. I’d be happy with either tbh, but they’re equally unproven at Premier League level.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Really, who was the last player we signed, whilst injured? I'm not talking about a dead leg or a twisted ankle that will clear up in a week or so, Nuñez is recovering from surgery, we or even Benfica, will need to be sure it has been succesful, this wont be 100% known until he is back in training and putting it under pressure while sprinting, twisting and turning, i dont know of one club that would spunk 30 million on, probably be fine, he will not pass a medical.

Locadia was out for about 3-4 weeks when we signed him. But yes, we don't exactly have a history of signing crocks and I can't see us splashing 30m on a player who's injured pending recovery from surgery that we only valued at 20m twelve months ago.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Are you related to Big Jurg by any chance?

The stats that matter, i.e. over recent season (20218/19 onwards) are as follows;

Locadia: 74 apps, 11 goals
Edouard: 145 apps, 76 goals.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain

The stats that matter, i.e. over recent season (20218/19 onwards) are as follows;

Nope, not related to Big Jurg, if I was I would still think he's shit, apologies if you are related to Odsonne though, who is equally as shit IMHO.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Nope, not related to Big Jurg, if I was I would still think he's shit, apologies if you are related to Odsonne though, who is equally as shit IMHO.

Are you up to your knees in Fenian blood, by any chance?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Locadia had a reasonable scoring record in the Dutch top flight for PSV - more than 1 in 3. Edouard's figures are obviously more impressive on the face of it, but I can't get too excited about his goal scoring record when it's in the same domestic competitions in which Jon Obika scored 12 goals in a season for St Mirren.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Locadia had a reasonable scoring record in the Dutch top flight for PSV - more than 1 in 3. Edouard's figures are obviously more impressive on the face of it, but I can't get too excited about his goal scoring record when it's in the same domestic competitions in which Jon Obika scored 12 goals in a season for St Mirren.

Christ! Unbelievable Obika has managed a professional FT contract- he was beyond ****ing useless for us

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Christ! Unbelievable Obika has managed a professional FT contract- he was beyond ****ing useless for us

Tells you what you need to know about the current standard of the Scottish domestic game, doesn’t it? And those goals were scored for one of the poorer also-ran teams. I reckon I could score 20+ goals if you put me up front for Rangers or Celtic!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here