Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Darts

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
Cracking game of darts tonight. Phil Taylor against Dave Chisnall.

Chisnall is 3-1 up. Taylor needs to win every set now.

Each set has gone to a 5th decisive leg.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
David Croft, the Ladbrokes sports "expert" and specific tipster, has been talking about Dave Chisnall from before the competition began. He has been saying it every day for the last month, and he specifically spoke about his destiny to play, and beat, Phil Taylor. Right now, he looks an absolute genius.

This ain't over though. I'm looking forward to Nicholson later, he's such a prick but brilliant entertainment.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Cracking game of darts tonight. Phil Taylor against Dave Chisnall.

Chisnall is 3-1 up. Taylor needs to win every set now.

Each set has gone to a 5th decisive leg.

There is no such thing as a cracking game of darts in the same way as watching paint dry is not very interesting.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Great game. Mendoza's quotes nail the performance.

Durlston

NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Phil Taylor's got massive personal problems at the moment with getting divorced and his grandson very ill in hospital. That's taking nothing away from Dave Chisnall but I do wonder how long The Power has left in darts. Very sad for a number of reasons.

Absolute sporting legend with 15 world crowns. :bowdown:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
But what does he do retire ? Ok i think he is 51/2 there or there abouts but it is all he knows. Maybe he sees darts as a way of keeping things steady,i don't know but how often is it said the best thing you can do is stick to your tried and tested routine.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont think that he will continue much longer as he has apparently bought a bar in Teneriffe and is planning to go there for most of the year. So will probably do exhibitions and consequently practice less and I am sure he doesnt want to become an also ran like Part and Barneveld.

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
Hope Chisnall gets a Premier League spot , hopefully along with Nicholson and Hankey and already looking forward to seeing it at Brighton Centre in March

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Chisnall was brilliant last night. It was obvious Taylor was in for a tough match but I thought Taylor would go on to win once he levelled the match after Chizzy missed a double to go 2 sets to NIL up.

It was only last month that Taylor tore the field apart in the Grand Slam Of Darts, blowing away Gary Anderson in the final. Therefore, he's clearly still got what it takes to win big TV tournaments.

As for the Premier League, I'm sure Barry Hearn will have watched last night with interest. I think Nicholson's already booked his place, but there's at least one spot up for grabs, and Webster / Van Der Voort are already out of the Worlds. Much as I'd love it the Hankey situation doesn't work unless he's willing to make the switch over from the BDO. Jenkins, Part and Wes Newton would be making up the numbers. My 8 for 2012: Taylor, Lewis, Wade, Anderson, Barney, Whitlock, Nicholson, Chisnall.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Woolfie and Ted Hankey would be better off staying big fish in the BDO pond in my opinion, they'd be also-rans in the PDC.

[MENTION=258]Pavilionaire[/MENTION], I like the look of your 8 for the Premier League, but I'd replace Barney with Webster. Much as I love old Barney, he's not in the top 8 on merit any more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here