Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Darren Gough, Talksport - Our Squad Worth £31m Apparently!

Mar 10, 2006
Laughable

El Abd valued at £850,000
Bruno £1.3m
Out of contract (almost) Gary Dicker £450,000
David Lopez £1.8 million

and even more bizarrely, Bridcutt at £1.1m

I can only assume they pluck the figures out of thin air. Talksport's valuation is £10 more, i'd love to see the breakdown......

Pity they didn't say where the figures came from- Goughie just said that he'd been looking at our squad, the value and wages earlier in the day. Don't know whether it's something a researcher has compiled or whether you can find these things if you know where to look.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I'm sorry but an average wage of 8k per week is absolutely nothing is this league compared to several clubs. They obviously don't know what they're talking about, that said I still think we should be doing better with the squad we have.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Durham and Gough. Two towering voices of common sense on all matters football.

'With our budget' is fast becoming my least favourite term regarding the Albion.

Mar 10, 2006
7.5 million. Not counting Dobbie. As I said on another thread that's less than 1 Jordan Rhodes. We certainly haven't spent mega money, so don't see why some posters think we definitely should be getting promoted this season? We should be top ten in my book. And are

Bit diffcult to say though if we don't know what other clubs are paying their players.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It's Darren Gough FFS. is there anybody thicker on National Radio? The man would be a bin man if he hadn't been able to play cricket.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
[/B]
Bit diffcult to say though if we don't know what other clubs are paying their players.

I'll confidently say our wage bill I'd nowhere nr a lot of clubs. Many are still paying some premiership salarys.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It's Darren Gough FFS. is there anybody thicker on National Radio? The man would be a bin man if he hadn't been able to play cricket.

Although you should technically be correct in your summation, Gough IS actually fairly articulate and knowledgeable on a wide variety of sporting topics, if not about us in this instance.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
£31m is pretty close Current worth reckon, Bridcutt £6m bridge 4m, Buckley 3m, Ulloa 3m, Lua Lua 2m, JFC 2m, CMS 2m....help needed !

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Pity they didn't say where the figures came from- Goughie just said that he'd been looking at our squad, the value and wages earlier in the day. Don't know whether it's something a researcher has compiled or whether you can find these things if you know where to look.

Gough and Durham the masterminds of football....not...still makes good comedy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here