Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny Welbeck

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Obviously Mr Daniel Nii Tackle Mensah Welback has been at various glory clubs with mixed reviews, classed as a sicknote by some and not formfilling his potential by others.
He came to us for the princely sum of diddley squat, and has rapidly become a fans favourite giving nothing less than 100% on the pitch, with his hold up play and finishing. What he brings off the pitch is equally as valuable, it is clear he has a nurturing side and can only bring invaluable advise to the likes of Pedro, Ferguson and other young stars. His smile is infectious, and the reason he has that smile is because he is enjoying life here, it is clear as day, he has been to Manchester United and Arsenal, I bet if you asked him in years to come his happiest time on the field, he would tell you here...

Love the bloke.

Last edited:

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Obviously Mr Daniel Nii Tackle Mensah Welback has been at various glory clubs with mixed reviews, classed as a sicknote by some and not formfilling his potential by others.
He came to us for the princely sum of diddley squat, and has rapidly become a fans favourite giving nothing less than 100% on the pitch, with his hold up play and finishing. What he brings off the pitch is equally as valuable, it is clear he has a naturing side and can only bring invaluable advise to the likes of Pedro, Ferguson and other young stars. His smile is infectious, and the reason he has that smile is because he is enjoying life here, it is clear as day, he has been to Manchester United and Arsenal, I bet if you asked him in years to come his happiest time on the field, he would tell you here...

Love the bloke.
In years to come he'll probably spend all his time answering questions from the media about what it was like at Man Utd and Arsenal, and never getting a chance to talk about his time here.
And then loads of people will give him grief about how he never talks about us. :lolol:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Signed 4 seasons ago, at 29 years old on a free transfer. Outrageous :bowdown:
It is nuts. But it demonstrates just how badly he had suffered through injury in his late 20s

I remember at the time, Watford had just gone down and we were linked with their two strikers, Welbeck and Troy Deeney. At the time, we were 5th on the league on XG, but couldn't hit a barn door so in a relegation fight every year.

I remember telling my friends, we should be going for Deeney rather than Welbeck, as at least we might get him on the pitch. Remember that, the next time I offer any football related insight!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
IMG_20240220_102211.jpg

In the recent Hinselwood V Dunk Instagram thing from the club, Hinselwood picked Welbz as the funniest player, Dunk picked WBG but agreed that Welbz is very funny.

Shows another side to his character to the team we don't see.

He's got to be up there as one of the best PL signings.

Then I'm thinking of all the other great signings and thinking, feck me, we have so many :😁

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He's a brilliant player. Still convinced we mostly play better with him in the side. Obviously a great guy and a great role model.
Absolutely love the guy.
I love the mix of experience and youth we have in the side. Footballing brains alongside the pace and brashness of the youngsters.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
good

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Close to signing a new 1 year or 2 year contract according to The Athletic

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Happy with that. He adds something to us. When on the pitch, he might not score lots of goals, but defenders definitely have a tough time against him & he creates space for others. & seems happy whether starts or is on the bench. Absolute no brainer to keep him another year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here