Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny Welbeck, should we? [18/10: we did - one year deal] - *** NEW ONE YEAR DEAL ***

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Great news, I thought he was really getting the system by the end of the season, and hopefully with a decent pre-season and a bit of luck he can get a decent return this season coming.

Hopefully this isn't the only forward signing we make, but it does feel a little less worrying now.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Ha ! The very idea that a player might think the prospect of signing for Albion is a pretty attractive one.

(Good signing. Expect our three strikers next season to be Welbeck + Maupay + A.Nother. . Zeqiri and Connolly on loan i imagine. )

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Wow, I'm very surprised that he has signed only a one year deal with us at this stage of the summer. Surprised but delighted for us.

I'm with you - very happy he has re-committed, but also very surprised it is only one year. I wonder if the contract contains some sort of guaranteed extension if he makes a certain number of appearances.

Anyway, delighted!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Great news, we’re delighted to have you here next season Danny.

I wonder if GP made that statement prior to his holiday. It’s a nice re-assurance to see that given rumoured interest from other clubs.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Great news, and I guess that means we have our compliment of strikers now.
:goal:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ha ! The very idea that a player might think the prospect of signing for Albion is a pretty attractive one.

(Good signing. Expect our three strikers next season to be Welbeck + Maupay + A.Nother. . Zeqiri and Connolly on loan i imagine. )
I agree with your assessment but I think Zeqiri only goes on loan if Andone stays with the club. So
Welbeck, Maupay, New Signing, Andone / Zeqiri.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Good news

Can only assume he didn’t have offers of a 2 year plus deal that worked

Or I dare I say happy with the set up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I agree with your assessment but I think Zeqiri only goes on loan if Andone stays with the club. So
Welbeck, Maupay, New Signing, Andone / Zeqiri.

I think you can scrub any chance of a new signing as a striker now.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Love Dat Guy!

Surprised about the 1 year deal, I suspect he turned down longer terms to stay with us!

Probably no surprise that this is announced on the day Gonzalez to Italy is confirmed and Onuachu to West Ham rumoured as done.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fan bloody tastic. He was top ten quality in a few games towards the end of last season. Really really chuffed with this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here