Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny Welbeck, should we? [18/10: we did - one year deal] - *** NEW ONE YEAR DEAL ***

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Excellent news and surprised at one year.

I think that if they believe Andone is back to what he was, then Welbeck, Andone, Maupay and Zeqiri may be our striker options with a new wide atacker being added. We'll know soon if Andone stays or is released. Isn't his current contract up this summer ?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Excellent news, like a new signing.We know the injury risk that come with Danny. He must be pleased with the way he was managed last season & it could lead to an even more productive season this time.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Superb news, he offers something different and of a higher level then others we have seen. The rumoured interest of Gonzalez would suggest that we are still trying to add another to the attacking line up but if 2021 form continues for next season then we will be laughing

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Excellent news and surprised at one year.

I think that if they believe Andone is back to what he was, then Welbeck, Andone, Maupay and Zeqiri may be our striker options with a new wide atacker being added. We'll know soon if Andone stays or is released. Isn't his current contract up this summer ?

Don't forget Aaarrron Connerrly who's going to smash it next season.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Makes sense if Andone leaves, and any others do, but if they don't I think our attacking line up will remain as it was last season.

Our 20yr old+ attacking line-up is extensive now that various loans have ended. Lots of ‘outs’ (loans or permanent) simply must occur. I’d be surprised if more than 3 or 4 or this lot are in the 1st team squad when the window closes.

Ella - 20
Longman - 20
Connolly - 21
Arce - 22
Mlakar- 22
Zeqiri - 22
Gyökeres - 23
Maupay - 24
Locadia - 27
Jahanbakhsh - 27
Andone - 28
Welbeck - 30

With the shot conversion we showed last season, we still need upgrades if we want to finish on much more than 40 points.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Decent addition

Got 6 goals which over a season if keep fit is nearly double figures .

Need more quality to supplement this if serious about pushing on though

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I’m delighted with this, a really solid and encouraging start to our summer recruitment.

We know we need another striker but had he left we probably needed two. Excellent news.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Good player, and immediately becomes our best striker IMO, but I would hope we'll do better yet - especially if we are to progress.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here