Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny Welbeck, should we? [18/10: we did - one year deal] - *** NEW ONE YEAR DEAL ***

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Could we re-name this thread the 'Nothing has happened with Welbeck' thread as everytime some idiot bounces it, I think and hope he's signed Summer 21 :dunce:

Last edited:

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Let them go on holiday and come back refreshed.

I thought he looked like he was really enjoying football again towards the end of the season when injuries were purged/quelled by a world class medical team and facilities helping him to reach somewhere near his potential. Same with Lallana. It’s a lovely part of the world, a really forward thinking club playing excellent football and somewhere with the patience to allow players to come back over time because the youngsters coming through are given the chance to play. I hope money isn’t the driver and I don’t think it will be. We’re close to something quite special. He’s clearly a lovely bloke and has flashes of sheer brilliance with touches all over the place. Before his injury I thought he had an outside chance of a spot in the England squad. Please sign!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Yes, but there is no evidence other than Dirty Barry from the pub.

It might as well have been overheard in the bus queue at the Amex.

I didn’t say I believed it did I!? In fact, the opposite, what is your problem?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I didn’t say I believed it did I!? In fact, the opposite, what is your problem?

Why would I have a problem ?

There is nothing to get so aggressive about.

I mean it is a little exasperating when we sign a player and you serially moan that we should be "concentrating" on a striker - and not appreciating that we cannot choose the order deals finalise - but on a world scale even that is about as irritating as whether it is raining in Cornwall or not. :shrug:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
It's a shame, but we won't be held to ransom on wages and I'm sure that West Ham can outdo us on that front.
I'm sure we will have been doing contingency planning. Looking forward to a nice new shiny centre forward being revealed.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
There is also reported interest from the MLS. Personally, unless he wants a pile of cash, I think he'd be better off staying with us. Fingers crossed.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
To be fair to Welbeck he`s going to hold out for the best contract, wouldn`t you if you were in his position.

Perhaps he does owe us a bit after us showing faith in him.

It could have been worse, he could have gone to Palace.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I know there is the odd exception, but i do find it puzzling when fans seem to think that footballers don't work to earn as much momey as possible, or negotiate to get the best possible wage.

Im lucky in the fact that i know i can work for another 20 years and will have a steady income. If someone told me that I'd be having to retire in a few years yet still support myself and my family for the next 40 years, I'd be clamouring to earn as much money as i could in that time.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I know there is the odd exception, but i do find it puzzling when fans seem to think that footballers don't work to earn as much momey as possible, or negotiate to get the best possible wage.

Im lucky in the fact that i know i can work for another 20 years and will have a steady income. If someone told me that I'd be having to retire in a few years yet still support myself and my family for the next 40 years, I'd be clamouring to earn as much money as i could in that time.

It’s because fans look at their own expenses and think they would be happy on any footballer’s wage so can’t understand why any would want to earn more. The thing is those Bentleys don’t service themselves.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If he leaves, he leaves. He's done well but is by no means irreplaceable

We'll see what happens. Not a lot of activity in any club in terms of transfers and contract renewals yet, think people are probably chilling on the beach currently.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There is also reported interest from the MLS. Personally, unless he wants a pile of cash, I think he'd be better off staying with us. Fingers crossed.

MLS salary caps in place now - would only be moving there for the experience etc rather than bags of cash

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here