Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny Welbeck, should we? [18/10: we did - one year deal] - *** NEW ONE YEAR DEAL ***

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
From what I read, he had a £5m buy-out clause in his contract. I assume he was on fairly decent wages, and I guess Welbeck may have bought himself out of the buy-out (at a figure significantly below £5m) to enable him to go elsewhere as a free agent, and receive a signing-on fee which covered whatever deal he did with Watford. Purely guesswork!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Have we ever had a striker once transferred for £18m

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
And so was Danny Ings until he wasnt anymore........

This is a truly fantastic piece of business, absolutely buzzing.

Welcome Danny Welbeck.(cant believe I am saying that!)

UTA - now lets smash them Palace w*nkers

Just exactly what I was thinking. We obviously have no idea about the current state of his ankle but it can be fixed and get better.

Also for him, this is a great opportunity to get his career back on track again

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Not at all happy with this signing. I still held hope that there was a proper striking option coming after Zeqiri. This hope is now extinguished.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Additionally this has the distinctive odour of Plan B about it. I'd love to know who the real targets were... maybe we'll find out in January I hope!!!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
A 12 month deal.
Yes a stop gap between now and an “on plan” signing but nothing wrong with that.
If he is fit it’s a good deal all round & will help bring Zeqiri on

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I'm pleased! Loads of experience at the highest level.

Our current strikers will no doubt learn a few things from him, and I can see him banging in a few goals too.

:thumbsup:

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Looking forward to the experience he will bring to the club having lost some of our senior players. Feel this will be a positive for some of the younger players

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
First to admit that I was one of those not in favour of bringing him in - felt it was restricting the opportunities for Connolly to play and develop (just my opinion, that's all) - but now he's here, welcome to Brighton Mr. Welbeck. I hope you have a great season with us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here