Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny murphy's tackle

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Shame that a once decent midfielder has resorted to clogging. Can't have much time left in the game.

Expect to see him managing a pub very soon.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The irony was LITERALLY 5 seconds before it happened I said "Murphy looks wound up" and then BOSH.

I havent seen it again but he definitely appeared that his arms were all over the shop aswell. At first I thought he'd clotheslined him....though I may have completely misseen the incident from up high in the WSU

Haha - similar to my mate & I who were commenting on how he was in the refs ear all game like Kevin Nolan / Michael Brown style. I think i even shouted for him to shut up - then a few seconds later... Bang. Which is why it was so bad - clearly pre-meditated and lost his cool. Twat.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
What I find strange is that there's such a vast difference between that type of tackle, the "tackle" by Lua Lua, the trip by Upson and their the keeper timewasting, yet they all receive exactly the same punishment.

Exactly, Murphy could have ended Bridcutt's season - it was a cynical, malicious challenge that could have resulted in serious injury, and yet receives the same punishment as an almost incidental trip. Absolutely shocking.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
It was a carbon copy of the tackle on Bridcutt that earned Henry a red away at wolves

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here