Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny murphy's tackle

Mr Blobby BHA

May 8, 2011
Worthing, West Sussex
Surely he should have been off there was not much difference between that and the Barnes sending off at Wednesday as they both dived in after losing the ball

Was this because murphy's got more leighway as its a big name or was the ref just being more of a wanker????

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It was pre meditated and nasty. . He was arguing with the ref just before. Dirty scouse bastard.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
The fact that it was obviously pre meditated due to him being annoyed that he didn't get a throw-in made it much worse.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
if that was one of our players they would of got sent off

- - - Updated - - -

danny murphy is a twat and he should of went for the tackle on bridcutt

Cranky

Jan 13, 2007
Should have seen red twice! Straight red for the lunge on Bridcutt then a second yellow for cynical trip on Lua Lua, almost identical to the trip Upson got booked for in the first half.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Is it just me or do we almost never seem to get players sent off against us. I think I'm right in thinking Wolves is the only game this season that an opponent has been ref carded?

Bazzza67

Feb 6, 2011
Brighton, UK
Surely he should have been off there was not much difference between that and the Barnes sending off at Wednesday as they both dived in after losing the ball

Was this because murphy's got more leighway as its a big name or was the ref just being more of a wanker????

That's exactly what I thought...the same as what happen to Barnes at Hillsborough, he didn't get a free kick so went lunging into a tackle.
Murphy was moaning all night to the referee...

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
the FA should do what Rugby do and cite players after the game for tackles like that and then put appropriate bans in place. Murphy was a proper knob head last night and deserved a straight red. Shame AEA never got a 50 50 with him.

D

Deleted member 18477

from my experience of the AMEX games over the last 2 years... its safe to say the majority of ref's clearly hate brighton or poyet. it's one of the reasons these draws arent becoming wins at home. Blackburn playing without the dirty scouse Murphy for the last 10 mins could have led to a 2-1 win for us! frustrating to say the least...

D

Deleted member 18477

That's exactly what I thought...the same as what happen to Barnes at Hillsborough, he didn't get a free kick so went lunging into a tackle.
Murphy was moaning all night to the referee...

thats because he was totally outplayed by a crippled spanish magician!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
What I find strange is that there's such a vast difference between that type of tackle, the "tackle" by Lua Lua, the trip by Upson and their the keeper timewasting, yet they all receive exactly the same punishment.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Should have seen red twice! Straight red for the lunge on Bridcutt then a second yellow for cynical trip on Lua Lua, almost identical to the trip Upson got booked for in the first half.

Referee was very inconsistent. The first could have been a straight red, then the second tackle was definitely a yellow. The ref had also had a word with him after a foul on Vicente that at the time the ref didn't actually give. I can't believe Murphy stayed on the pitch.

Lua Lua then got booked for a foul that was no worse than Murphy's tackle 5 mins before.

Got to admit though, I wonder if some of our antics are pissing officials off?

El Abd is constantly winding opposition up which must annoy officials, plus last night Buckley made two pretty obvious dives, Leo goes down to easily, and I just wonder if we are getting a poor reputation with officials. Their current seemingly bias to the opposition appears to support this.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The irony was LITERALLY 5 seconds before it happened I said "Murphy looks wound up" and then BOSH.

I havent seen it again but he definitely appeared that his arms were all over the shop aswell. At first I thought he'd clotheslined him....though I may have completely misseen the incident from up high in the WSU

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Agreed, I think if it had happened in the Premiership then Sky Sports News and Talkshite would have been all over it this morning. Awful, pre-medidated tackle by the annoying little midget.
Think Blackburn in the second half were the dirtiest team I've seen us play against and very lucky to end up with 11 men on the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here