Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Murphy

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Didn't say that, just if that's how he'd coach i wouldn't be keen!

You never watched Danny Murphy play over 15 years then... the last thing he was is a clogger.

you base your opnion on 90 mins of football when his legs had gone and he could hardly move...

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
You never watched Danny Murphy play over 15 years then... the last thing he was is a clogger.

you base your opnion on 90 mins of football when his legs had gone and he could hardly move...

This. If you think being a 'thuggish' midfielder was the only part of his game then you didn't watch him in his prime.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not dishy enough for BHA. He looks like an old man now at 36, and that's after decades of looking after himself as a top athlete. What's he going to look like at 50? What would he look like now if he'd drunk heavily and smoked and generally abused his body for the last couple of decades like the rest of us on NSC? Thanks, but no thanks.

This argument falls down as soon as you take a look at Nathan Jones...

y5agarud.jpg
wife not to shabby

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
It was just an educated hunch really, and that Sami said he wasnt too concerned about getting his back room team in place just yet... so i thought probably because he is in Brazil....

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Murphy sounds ideal to me. First job as a no.2, should be really keen. Alongside a former team mate. The experience of the division to Sami I think would be vital. Get him in.

His wife is rather friendly on the eye too.

Hmmm l'm in two minds to be honest. I agree that with Sami's relative inexperience at managerial level we could do with someone with the experience of this division, but l was thinking more along the lines of, experience of the division as a coach, not a player.

Shame we wouldn't get to see very much of his wife though.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Hmmm l'm in two minds to be honest. I agree that with Sami's relative inexperience at managerial level we could do with someone with the experience of this division, but l was thinking more along the lines of, experience of the division as a coach, not a player.

We already have Jones for that dont we ? just adding to it with Murphy in my opinion

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
We need someone to instil some fight in the squad. Just as long as he doesn't cost money out of the playing budget.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Agreed. Though he was past his best (and dirty) in that one game, in his prime he was one of the best midfielders in the country and far from a clogger. Would be an excellent addition.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Not a lot of experience, he has not done his coaching badges, add to that his media work. I have the feeling he is looking to do MOTD. I would hope that Sami would appoint someone with more experience in coaching.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
It was just an educated hunch really, and that Sami said he wasnt too concerned about getting his back room team in place just yet... so i thought probably because he is in Brazil....

I like this idea and would be very happy with this one.

Not a lot of experience, he has not done his coaching badges, add to that his media work. I have the feeling he is looking to do MOTD. I would hope that Sami would appoint someone with more experience in coaching.

but I also like this one. I don't really have a name in the frame, but one of those old school managers, that everyone would immediately dismiss out of hand as a dinosaur, if he were to be suggested as a manager, might provide some interesting dynamics as part of the coaching team. We have been conditioned by recent appointments to believe that the coaches must somehow be junior to the manager. Why not add a wise old head to the mix ?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I tend to agree. Also get the feeling he would prefer to be summarising in the studio. especially now Hanson has gone. He is certainly good at it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

That being the case wouldnt we be better off with either an experienced D of Football like Warnock or a similar experienced no 2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here