[Albion] Danny Ings to Villa

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hi, can either of you link to when the deal started to be negotiated? Seeming you’ve both spoken about how it’s moving quickly, cheers

Quite.

And....30 million for a player who will be injured and out for the season by October. FFS :facepalm:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I’m not surprised by the move. Ings has wanted out for some time although I never thought a “big six” club would go for him, so Villa are ideal in that sense (as maybe Everton or West Ham). The gamble, of course, is that Ings is prone to injury so it could all turn to rat shit.

Ward-Prowse will be the next Saint to go, to Villa as well, so our south coast neighbours could really be in the do-dos next season.

Of JWP was to leave Soton, they'd be right fecked. Amazing how the club has gone from one off the best at developing talent and selling club to, well a relegation bait club with little future coming through.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Talk is contact is 125-150k a week. Wages we wouldn’t compete with. He will be 32 when contract is up with no real sell on value. Costing villa close to 50 million over the contract with the fee. Great player if he’s fit but just isn’t the business model we follow.

Agreed.

And I think that 125K a week is excessive for contact. I'd expect A to M and a full English breakfast for that amount.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I’m not surprised by the move. Ings has wanted out for some time although I never thought a “big six” club would go for him, so Villa are ideal in that sense (as maybe Everton or West Ham). The gamble, of course, is that Ings is prone to injury so it could all turn to rat shit.

Ward-Prowse will be the next Saint to go, to Villa as well, so our south coast neighbours could really be in the do-dos next season.

Oh please let that happen! If that little rat Ward-Prowse deserted them too they really would be screwed and I would be one very happy man!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
You can argue all day if Ings is a good signing for Villa, money, injuries etc, but the loss of Grealish is a huge blow for them.
I don't like him but you can't deny that he is a very good player, a boyhood fan and he was so influencial for them, players like Grealish (young, English and a fan) do not come along very often.
I also think that their manager is a bit flaky as well.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

Agree. The Saints forums should be interesting this evening. Unless they pull out a showstopper signing or two and retain JWP, they're balls deep in relegation trouble

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Oh please let that happen! If that little rat Ward-Prowse deserted them too they really would be screwed and I would be one very happy man!

I was at the Saints Levante friendly this evening and there was no Ward-Prowse in evidence. Don’t know if he’s injured?

The last couple of seasons I have intended to put a bet on us to finish above Saints but didn’t get round to it…… and would have lost. I think I might do it this time!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Perfect transfer for us, Villa buy a great striker that injury prone and thus take on that risk and weakens our competition!

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Losing Jack Grealish for 100m and replacing him with 3 players who on there day are just as good, Bailey, Ings and Beundia as well as bringing in Ashley Young AVFC have absolutely shredded this window. Dean Smith is the only weakness in that side.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Last season we got Danny Welbeck in. He's a striker. The previous summer we got Neal Maupay in. He's a striker (sort of). The one before that, Percy Tau. Before that, Andone. And they're all still here. We get strikers in, just not ones that people seem to like.

It’s not a case of strikers people don’t like, it’s strikers that don’t score many goals. You listed four there and between then they managed 14 leagues goals for us last season. As I said it’s the same every summer, do it on the cheap and get what you pay for.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Losing Jack Grealish for 100m and replacing him with 3 players who on there day are just as good, Bailey, Ings and Beundia as well as bringing in Ashley Young AVFC have absolutely shredded this window. Dean Smith is the only weakness in that side.

IMO not one of those players come close to Grealish.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Thought he’d go to a bigger / better club / team than that. Cilla just splash the cash for the fun of it - can’t compete with them and West Ham in the market I’m afraid.

Will he score a lorra lorra goals, or spend a lorra lorra time on the treatment table?

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Window hasn’t shut yet…

We did sign Welbeck, Zequiri and Tau last season. So there’s reasonable cause to expect we’ll make signings.

Maybe it’s an idea to hold the anger until the window is closed and we can properly assess our business.

I agree which is why I said we may well sign someone. What annoys me is that we have a run of games starting next week where we could get off to a flyer and have positive season. We are going into it with the same striking options we had last year except welbeck, the best of them is injured.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
If you don’t like people having strong opinions football forums probably aren’t for you.

If you have strong opinions which are quite frankly bollocks and people take you to task for them… then maybe football forums aren’t for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports