[Albion] Danny Ings to Villa

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Didn't Southampton concede most of those goals in one game? - again.

There's a lot to be said for consistency. :)

Either way, losing Ings and bringing back a 32 year old Walcott on a free isn't likely to cause defenders to go into extra training.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Over priced and likely to be injured for large parts of the season, but will score when fit.
34 goals in 69 games over the last 2 seasons. With at least 3 good seasons left. 30 million is an absolute bargain.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's a lot to be said for consistency. :)

Either way, losing Ings and bringing back a 32 year old Walcott on a free isn't likely to cause defenders to go into extra training.

Oh I didn't realise they were slamming their transfer window shut now.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
They are the highest net spenders in the last three years. Good for them to have that money. Good and disgusting.
Before Ben white was sold we were one of the highest net spenders in the league..... Hardly disgusting.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
34 goals in 69 games over the last 2 seasons. With at least 3 good seasons left. 30 million is an absolute bargain.

Yes but £30m isn’t the entirety of the expenditure.

He’s probably been offered insanely high wages which we can’t compete with.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Yes but £30m isn’t the entirety of the expenditure.

He’s probably been offered insanely high wages which we can’t compete with.

Your wasting your breath mate

£30 m for a injury-prone 29 year old and a 3 year contract on sky-high wages?If Watkins was such a brilliant signing why do they need him?

Thank God for Tony Bloom and the fact we have sensible football people runnin OUR club

Before anyone says it,yes i am a Licker!!

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
The definition of insanity…. Yet again we fail to get a striker in. Yes there’s still time but they are almost certainly going to miss the first game and maybe the second. Two games in which we could really look to take maximum points.

I don’t care what anyone says anymore about Tony knows what he’s doing and he is sensible with money. We have known since before the Euros we were likely to get circa £50m for a player that cost us nothing and yet a week before the season starts here we are with no new striker again. It’s getting ridiculous.

Last season we got Danny Welbeck in. He's a striker. The previous summer we got Neal Maupay in. He's a striker (sort of). The one before that, Percy Tau. Before that, Andone. And they're all still here. We get strikers in, just not ones that people seem to like.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Talk is contact is 125-150k a week. Wages we wouldn’t compete with. He will be 32 when contract is up with no real sell on value. Costing villa close to 50 million over the contract with the fee. Great player if he’s fit but just isn’t the business model we follow.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The definition of insanity…. Yet again we fail to get a striker in. Yes there’s still time but they are almost certainly going to miss the first game and maybe the second. Two games in which we could really look to take maximum points.

I don’t care what anyone says anymore about Tony knows what he’s doing and he is sensible with money. We have known since before the Euros we were likely to get circa £50m for a player that cost us nothing and yet a week before the season starts here we are with no new striker again. It’s getting ridiculous.

:facepalm:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Talk is contact is 125-150k a week. Wages we wouldn’t compete with. He will be 32 when contract is up with no real sell on value. Costing villa close to 50 million over the contract with the fee. Great player if he’s fit but just isn’t the business model we follow.

Ings is a brilliant player. Of course we all know that. But if those wage figures are even close to being true how can anyone criticise Tony for not paying that?

That’s how clubs gets ruined.

Ings is what you’d call “fast money”. We’re making slow and steady strides on and off the pitch and this would not be a prudent deal for Brighton and Hove Albion football club.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

If I was Tony Bloom, I think I'd be tempted to tell you to go f@@k yourself. I'm sure he's too polite to do that though.

Calm down for goodness sake.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Can I just point out that all the ITK makers-up of transfer rumours failed to predict this deal? And yet people are willing to believe clickbait hunters over proper journalists.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
To think Villa finished fourth from bottom season before last. The Villans must be feeling quite smug.

Even then that position was mainly thanks to goal line tech system not working. Would have been relegated if that Blades goal was correctly awarded.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Last season we got Danny Welbeck in. He's a striker. The previous summer we got Neal Maupay in. He's a striker (sort of). The one before that, Percy Tau. Before that, Andone. And they're all still here. We get strikers in, just not ones that people seem to like.

Just not ones that score a lot of goals unfortunately.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Ings is a brilliant player. Of course we all know that. But if those wage figures are even close to being true how can anyone criticise Tony for not paying that?

That’s how clubs gets ruined.

Ings is what you’d call “fast money”. We’re making slow and steady strides on and off the pitch and this would not be a prudent deal for Brighton and Hove Albion football club.
Hardly.

They have 100m burning in their back pocket. Still a great deal for them but obviously not our kind of deal which is fine.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Can I just point out that all the ITK makers-up of transfer rumours failed to predict this deal? And yet people are willing to believe clickbait hunters over proper journalists.

Those clickbait hunters all predicted Tammy Abraham would be on his way to Villa.

How long before they start linking him to us?

el punal

Either thats happened very quickly or Villa being tight lipped. Would like to see us get some signings over the line soon, otherwise we start to fall behind. Cucurella and a striker before the season starts would be nice, any others not so urgent.

I’m not surprised by the move. Ings has wanted out for some time although I never thought a “big six” club would go for him, so Villa are ideal in that sense (as maybe Everton or West Ham). The gamble, of course, is that Ings is prone to injury so it could all turn to rat shit.

Ward-Prowse will be the next Saint to go, to Villa as well, so our south coast neighbours could really be in the do-dos next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports