Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Holla

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Why do you?

Holla - the man himself says he had no preseason and the Autumn run of Tues/Sat caught up with him effecting his form.
Crofts - Just back from a seriously long injury played less games for Sami than Oscar, in a disrupted new squad.
Ince - Is Ince, I haven't noticed any drop or improvement in his play.
JFC - So 20 years old England international, permanent fixture in our midfield, doing solid job, is not playing to his potential.
If only his potential was a scapegoat, then he'd be beyond his potential.
Toko - Nobody knows what's going on there.
T'Shearer and Gardener - why must they be better than they have shown?, that doesn't make any sense at all.
Unless you believe they are either being told not to play too well.
Or they have decided not to play 100% for the Albion.

Really? Do you honestly think those players are playing to the best if their potential?
I'm a big fan of JFC and the abuse he gets on here is completely unwarranted, but don't feel he is playing anywhere near the standard he can. Whether that is confidence of the way he is being asked to play is a different question.
As far as Gardner and tex are concerned, both are rated as their premier league clubs but one is not making the squad of a team 3rd bottom of the championship while the other is not exactly setting the world alight.
I appreciate you want to be seen as the leader of the Hyypia in camp, but surely you have to admit he is not getting the best out of the players at his disposal.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Holla was ordinary last night. Toko was a disaster, couldn't do the basics like keep the ball. Paddy worked hard and showed some good skill, he had to play up top some of the game after we lost the striker to injury. Solly not involved, despite being advertised as being in the squad, which is slightly worrying.

PG

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Holla was ordinary last night. Toko was a disaster, couldn't do the basics like keep the ball. Paddy worked hard and showed some good skill, he had to play up top some of the game after we lost the striker to injury. Solly not involved, despite being advertised as being in the squad, which is slightly worrying.

PG

Thanks for that update ...interesting as you say about Solly not being involved despite being told he would be in the squad

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Why do you?

Holla - the man himself says he had no preseason and the Autumn run of Tues/Sat caught up with him effecting his form.
Crofts - Just back from a seriously long injury played less games for Sami than Oscar, in a disrupted new squad.
Ince - Is Ince, I haven't noticed any drop or improvement in his play.
JFC - So 20 years old England international, permanent fixture in our midfield, doing solid job, is not playing to his potential.
If only his potential was a scapegoat, then he'd be beyond his potential.
Toko - Nobody knows what's going on there.
T'Shearer and Gardener - why must they be better than they have shown?, that doesn't make any sense at all.
Unless you believe they are either being told not to play too well.
Or they have decided not to play 100% for the Albion.

Who is this ?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Thanks for that update ...interesting as you say about Solly not being involved despite being told he would be in the squad
Arsegas has just said that he had a slight reaction to Saturday, so not involved as a precaution, may still be on the bench at Derby.

PG

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
He didn't look unplayable, and it hasn't been coached out of him, whatever that means.

T'Shearer is a dribbler (and not just because of his age) he can run with the ball, that's about it.
He can't pick a pass.
He can't defend.
He can't tackle.

Best you ring Brendan Rodgers and tell him he wasted there money on him then

dibsy

Jul 26, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
Hola did nothing to suggest he deserves a recall to he first team tonight. Same for McCourt. Thought Toko looks up for it though.
Agreed, thought Toko was up for it, tackled and won the
ball a number of times. Walton did well but I didn't even realise Holla was playing which speaks for itself. Arsenal were v good but our defence was same as first team, opposition just go through us like a knife through butter. Caspaer was in the stand watching

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Really? Do you honestly think those players are playing to the best if their potential?
I'm a big fan of JFC and the abuse he gets on here is completely unwarranted, but don't feel he is playing anywhere near the standard he can. Whether that is confidence of the way he is being asked to play is a different question.
As far as Gardner and tex are concerned, both are rated as their premier league clubs but one is not making the squad of a team 3rd bottom of the championship while the other is not exactly setting the world alight.
I appreciate you want to be seen as the leader of the Hyypia in camp, but surely you have to admit he is not getting the best out of the players at his disposal.
Clearly something's not right somewhere.
I just dont see how you can draw these conclusions about a group of twenty year olds.

NSC dined out on this with Spanish Dave.
There's his body of work, there's what we've all seen him do, why didn't he kick the ball today?
That is this debate.

These players are a group of comparatively free youngsters that the parent club want to know if they are good enough.
You can be as respected as you like, but at the end of the day they've had minimal investment and the teams (Brighton included) what to know if they will 'make it'.

Quite how this becomes all Sami's fault, when there is so much actual stuff to blame him for, is the bit I don't understand.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He didn't look unplayable, and it hasn't been coached out of him, whatever that means.

T'Shearer is a dribbler (and not just because of his age) he can run with the ball, that's about it.
He can't pick a pass.
He can't defend.
He can't tackle.
When he can, he'll be fantastic but until he's developed some more he is what he is, an exciting player with the ball at his feet.

All the other team, who get paid too, has to do is get to him early.
Game over T'Shearer, game over Albion midfield.

Had he been playing for someone else.
Aspinall's pregame report to Sami would read:-
'We have to stop T'shearer before he starts, as he gets the ball'.

Sums it up pretty much perfectly for me, you can throw in too light for this league as well.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Holla was ordinary last night, Toko looked vulnerable to getting sent off at any minute, I thought he looked like a lad trying way too hard and every challenge you were thinking this is it. Overall very little to take comfort from, Walton looked good, as ever, how he stopped their No 9 (Akpom?) from getting more I don't know.

Jan 2, 2014
If I was holla, colunga, and the mystery that is toko I would be asking to leave in the transfer window.as for letting fenelon go out on loan is strange because we could well need him.ask arsenal for Joel Campbell?

Suomi Hypoxia

Registered Lurker
Really ? I thought it was just a BORING DULLARD making up a oh so HYSTERICALLY funny name and continually repeating the SAME boring JOKE that wasn't FUNNY in the first place

Aren't you throwing stones in glass houses complaining about this UNREST?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

He can't pick a pass.
He can't defend.
He can't tackle.

Best you ring Brendan Rodgers and tell him he wasted there money on him then

He runs with the ball and just wants to beat everybody and not pass the ball to his team mates which usually ends with him losing it, send him back and save the money

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here