Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dan Harding

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
For what it's worth I thought we made a mistake selling Hammond when we did. HOWEVER, any respect I had for him got thrown out the window when he acted like a twat at the withdean last year and this from someone who considers himself an Albion fan.

He lost alot of respect last season from people connected with the club and for that reason - he also deserves the stick he gets.

Sent from my iPhone using a goat

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Your comment about Hammond is crap. He was excellent for us. Scored a good number of goals from midfield, was consistent, and one of the best penalty takers we have had.

And he is captain of the team in forst place in the Championship.

Wish we still had him in an Albion shirt.

and his second touch is usually a tackle

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Your comment about Hammond is crap. He was excellent for us. Scored a good number of goals from midfield, was consistent, and one of the best penalty takers we have had.

Yep, I'd love to see Hammond back - loads of energy, scores a few goals and creates chances. He also plays a lot of games.

On the other hand, I was never keen on Harding and as soon as he'd had his U-21 cap he started to think he was the next big thing when in fact, he was a pretty poor left back but who could get forward quite well. I think he still thinks he's the next big thing. Nice hair though.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Harding is a twat. He was the only player at the Seagulls Horse Racing who refused to sign my programme, because he was "busy". Wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire. Got a tirade from me all game. Should have got sent off for the two footed challenge on CMS as well.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Both are idiots.

Harding is an absolutely horrible man, I got told off by the man infront of me for the abuse I gave him. But he was getting MURDERED by Buckley and chopped him down every time. In my opinion he should have gone for that last foul. Anyone that thinks the abuse he gets isn't warranted, you obviously weren't there at that Leeds game!

Hammond is an idiot of similar proportions for his antics at the Withdean the last 2 seasons, no need to run past the home fans after a goal, celebrating when he hadn't really been getting any stick.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Are we talking about the same Hammond here? Very inconsistent when he played for us and went missing for games at a time.

True, but was very young and still learning his trade. If we could have kept 'with him' I am sure he would be one of the first names on the team sheet for us. However, I know he feels he was forced out of the club anyway, so isn't particularly fond of us.

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003

Agree with this. Hammond was not treated well by the club I think he comes across really well on the Withdean Years DVD and I felt sorry for the way he (and Dean Wilkins for that matter) were treated by the club despite clearly caring a great deal for the club.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
For what it's worth I thought we made a mistake selling Hammond when we did. HOWEVER, any respect I had for him got thrown out the window when he acted like a twat at the withdean last year and this from someone who considers himself an Albion fan.

He lost alot of respect last season from people connected with the club and for that reason - he also deserves the stick he gets.

Sent from my iPhone using a goat

But we replaced him with Crofts, which was a progressive move.

And in the positional match-up yesterday, Sparrow won hands down.

PG

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
f***ed over completely compliments of Mr W. Buckley !!!!!!!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Agree with this. Hammond was not treated well by the club I think he comes across really well on the Withdean Years DVD and I felt sorry for the way he (and Dean Wilkins for that matter) were treated by the club despite clearly caring a great deal for the club.

Hammond refused to sign a contract, and was sold to a Championship club when we needed the money. We played Colchester when they got relegated and there was no animosity between him and the fans for that season. It was only when Southampton equalised two years ago that any ill feeling started and that was entirely down to his 'celebrations' in front of the south stand at Withdean. He brought it on himself.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
did not rate hammond as a player at BHA but must give him credit for grace in defeat on radio sussex interview yesterday. Soton are welcome to them both, we have SO much better

xLostprophet

Aug 31, 2011
Brighton
Harding should of been sent off long before he was subbed off! However I did love the stick we all gave him yesterday & the massive cheer that erupted, when he came off.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Hammond refused to sign a contract, and was sold to a Championship club when we needed the money. We played Colchester when they got relegated and there was no animosity between him and the fans for that season. It was only when Southampton equalised two years ago that any ill feeling started and that was entirely down to his 'celebrations' in front of the south stand at Withdean. He brought it on himself.

Spot on - if we'd waited he would have left the club without us getting a bean. The whole scenario was the start of the end for Wilkins at the club and having heard indirectly from hammond's agent, it is true that we had offered him enough to become at that stage, our highest paid player ever. However he wanted more and rather strangely Wilkins was arguing for him to get more in front of the agent and the player.

But as has been said, he went to Colchester. had a decent ish reception when we played them and also had a decent reception when we played southampton the first time. It was only in the return match at Withdean when harding had got stick and he didnt that the fans view of him changed following his recation to scoring.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Harding was lucky not to get a second yellow as he was being subbed with the abuse he was giving the lino. Trying to hide his embassment I suppose. Heart of a pea that boy.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Harding is a player I like to see playing against the Albion, his past just heats up the crowd to spur the team on and of course he usually crumbles under the pressure.If Saints go up I expect him to be first out the door.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here