Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dan Harding

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Thoroughly enjoyed him being subbed, only had 4 minutes to get to half time and couldn't even manage that. Flipping the Vs at the WS as we waved him goodbye was fantastic, 18,000 hooks and he took a big fat bite. Buckley and LuaLua between them absolutely tore him to shreds, he never stood a chance, and after the booking (which could easily have been a red) it was inevitable he wasn't going to last the game, one way or another. At one point he optimistically knocked it past Buckley and tried to outpace him and Buckley just strolled to it, casually turned him and pinged a ball into the channel. Hysterical stuff.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Harding has been playing well above his standard for far too long now, I think he would even agree with that.
He's shit and he's a cocky ****, I will take great pleasure in watching his career nose-dive. tosser

Dec 29, 2011
I dunno if he was abusing the WSL when he got subbed, seemed to be directing his anger towards the lino. Buckley was immense today, easily our best player of the first half and made some decent changes in the second half too (surprised he didn't get a thread). I highly rate Buckley and very happy he played the whole game today.

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
Adkins said on his post match interview (BBC) that he thought his first booking was a great challenge.....twat!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thoroughly enjoyed him being subbed, only had 4 minutes to get to half time and couldn't even manage that. Flipping the Vs at the WS as we waved him goodbye was fantastic, 18,000 hooks and he took a big fat bite. Buckley and LuaLua between them absolutely tore him to shreds, he never stood a chance, and after the booking (which could easily have been a red) it was inevitable he wasn't going to last the game, one way or another. At one point he optimistically knocked it past Buckley and tried to outpace him and Buckley just strolled to it, casually turned him and pinged a ball into the channel. Hysterical stuff.

Seemed to through his hands at the WSL about 4 times and had a right paddy and shouted stuff. Hahahahha should've been sent off for tackle and possibly a second yellow. Buckey is CLASS!!!!!!!

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
how did he not get a second yellow when he brought buckers down? nowhere near the ball and stopped a very promising move - end of. the inconsistency is infuriating

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Although a good sub by Adkins, there shouldn't have been that oopportunity as he should have been sent off for persistent foul play 5 fouls before the jump that led to the booking, then a further foul.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I enjoyed most of the abuse he got, and seeing our players really give him the run around (and thankfully the ref didn't fall for his blatant dive when he knew he couldn't beat buckley early on). But, I didn't like the reacting to him getting injured. He walloped into Forster-Caskey and was actually injured, and I don't care about his history with us, booing a genuinely injured player is not on, imo.

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
It's interesting about Harding.

Above all, I get the impression that the abuse he gets from Albion fans really gets to him, more than some other players. Nolan for West Ham seemed to thrive on winding us up for example, but maybe because Harding came up through our youth teams and is a local lad. This is not the first time he has been substituted early against us - I remember the first game at St. Mary's a couple of seasons ago, more or less the same thing happened - and I think it happened while he was with Leeds too.

Without knowing the full story, he messed us around when he let etc. etc., but we are still his home town club, and it does seem to get under his skin when Albion fans boo him so roundly. If I was Adkins, I'd be tempted to leave him out of playing against us. I can't believe he's like that all the time (and I thought he was decent playing for us - better at attacking than defending, but a good player), it makes me wonder if he has his folks watching him or something, because he doesn't seem to be able to play against us with the abuse.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Harding was v.poor today, lucky to stay on the pitch for both of his poorly timed fouls.

A very petulant overpaid primadonna when leaving the pitch.

Takes a nice corner though.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
There was no doubt that he was going to get sent off, the crowd really did get under his skin today.

thought it was an intelligent move from adkins tbh

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
double post

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Agree.

Harding was the most over-rated player to pull on the Blue n White stripes.

Hammond would possibly be the second most over-rated. I was at the Amex today not sure if Hammond played.

Your comment about Hammond is crap. He was excellent for us. Scored a good number of goals from midfield, was consistent, and one of the best penalty takers we have had.

And he is captain of the team in forst place in the Championship.

Wish we still had him in an Albion shirt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here