Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dan Harding signs for Eastleigh

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If true then yes I think it's mental and a mistake but my point always had been he's a **** for going to our rivals in a free. A great player when he was here ( for about a season) but an absolute **** to us. Disloyal judas **** :thumbsup:

Surely he felt let down by the club though. He scored 20 goals the previous season to help get us promoted and the club offers him a crap deal.

He didn't want to leave and didn't want to move house either, so signing for that lot made sense.

Since leaving we've twice tried to buy him back, he never celebrates when he scores against us.

Fans aren't loyal to players though. If someone has a few bad games there's witch hunts on NSC about JFC/Stockdale/Spanish Dave/Ulloa/Greer and practically every manager.

No one gives a shit about James Tunnicliffe, Chris Holroyd, Mark McCammon and plenty of others. Remember those who were booing Ashley Barnes when his name was on the team sheet?

If fans want loyalty they need to show it themselves.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Surely he felt let down by the club though. He scored 20 goals the previous season to help get us promoted and the club offers him a crap deal.

He didn't want to leave and didn't want to move house either, so signing for that lot made sense.

Since leaving we've twice tried to buy him back, he never celebrates when he scores against us.

Fans aren't loyal to players though. If someone has a few bad games there's witch hunts on NSC about JFC/Stockdale/Spanish Dave/Ulloa/Greer and practically every manager.

No one gives a shit about James Tunnicliffe, Chris Holroyd, Mark McCammon and plenty of others. Remember those who were booing Ashley Barnes when his name was on the team sheet?

I genuinely agree with everything you say... It's just as soon as you add palace into it it changes rational thinking for me! I guess that's what rivalry is about. There's just something about the GM incident that makes me extremely angry... Especially when our fans try to stick up for him... I know the swap deal with Hoskins was rumoured on here - when else did we try get him back?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I genuinely agree with everything you say... It's just as soon as you add palace into it it changes rational thinking for me! I guess that's what rivalry is about. There's just something about the GM incident that makes me extremely angry... Especially when our fans try to stick up for him... I know the swap deal with Hoskins was rumoured on here - when else did we try get him back?

Last summer when Warnock didn't want him. We wouldn't pay enough of his Palace wages so he went to Reading instead.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I understand the rivalry bit totally, loathe that lot but we shat on our own doorstep with GM.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I understand the rivalry bit totally, loathe that lot but we shat on our own doorstep with GM.
Yes we did...

I just can't forgive him for the decision he made!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You can't forgive him for declining our derisory offer in favour of a FAR better one that suited his family? See what you mean about not thinking rationally...

Nope I can't. But wow you must have a good job if 7.5k a week is 'derisory' - another GM licker - dunno where they come from :lol:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Dan has invested the money he's made from football seriously well. He won't need to work again so a move like that seems good for him. He is genuinely a very nice bloke as well, despite what some on here might have you believe.
he comes across as a decent bloke from that piece...... that is very sad about his unborn...very sad .....:(

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
And he shat on his own doorstep. He can live in town but plenty will be thinking **** when they see him there. Not that he gives a toss.

Of course he can live in town, it's not run or owned by a few football fans who let a rivalry distort perspective.

Can't blame him for not wanting to live in Norbury.

No one has tried to chin him in the four years since he left, mainly because they have more sense but also he's a six footer from Maryport and can look after himself.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Of course he can live in town, it's not run or owned by a few football fans who let a rivalry distort perspective.

Can't blame him for not wanting to live in Norbury.

No one has tried to chin him in the four years since he left, mainly because they have more sense but also he's a six footer from Maryport and can look after himself.

Of course. Which is how it should be. Most of the population do not know him from Adam. And the vast majority of football fans live and let live. It really is pretty much a free country.

But will he feel the love ?

As I say, not that he gives a monkeys.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Of course. Which is how it should be. Most of the population do not know him from Adam. And the vast majority of football fans live and let live. It really is pretty much a free country.

But will he feel the love ?

As I say, not that he gives a monkeys.

He'll be at Bournemouth soon.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I find the idea that a player who played well, scored regularly and stuck to the terms and duration of his contract without a single whisper disloyal rather absurd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here