Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dan Harding signs for Eastleigh

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Dan Harding has a very different - and entirely believable - story about why he left Brighton. As does Dean Hammond. On that basis, I don't think he deserves the flak he's had so good luck to the bloke.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dan Harding has a very different - and entirely believable - story about why he left Brighton. As does Dean Hammond. On that basis, I don't think he deserves the flak he's had so good luck to the bloke.

Could this be in his comment that he wants to be judged by a manager on his training and performance not a chairman.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
1. He is already financially secure
2. Eastleigh very likely pay MORE than clubs like Exeter and Oxford, anyway - James Constable didn't move from Oxford for the scenery.
3. Eastleigh ARE full time.
Yet his quote at the start of the article - "At the end of last season if you would have asked me, I would never have thought I would be retiring from full professional football at age 31" - suggests that he, at least, is not full time?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
All those defending that judas **** Murray who stood up for him (somehow) joining the scum best read this thread. Yes loyalty does exist - you just need the right man to show it - GM is a **** :)

And Harding wouldn't have been going straight from Saints to Pompey either - big difference - fair play...

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014

Yep, the story I got from a member of his family was totally different to the version accepted by Albion fans.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yet his quote at the start of the article - "At the end of last season if you would have asked me, I would never have thought I would be retiring from full professional football at age 31" - suggests that he, at least, is not full time?

i'd put that down to non-league being perceived as not "full professional". its a odd term, you're either pro/full-time or semi-pro/part-time. but if you're a full time player in a semi-pro league, theres the inference you aren't quite as professional as you could be.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Saw Eastleigh win 2-0 at Bristol Rovers, spoiling my second team's run of 20+ games without defeat. Eastleigh defenders were competing to see who could get the ball to join Bristol Balloon Fiesta, not sure how DH will fit in.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Saw Eastleigh win 2-0 at Bristol Rovers, spoiling my second team's run of 20+ games without defeat. Eastleigh defenders were competing to see who could get the ball to join Bristol Balloon Fiesta, not sure how DH will fit in.

i reckon he'll quickly fit in as a winger. my memory of Harding was great going forward, decent passing, but not actually a very good defender (lack of tackling). could never understand why he wasnt developed into a winger/left midfield.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
All those defending that judas **** Murray who stood up for him (somehow) joining the scum best read this thread. Yes loyalty does exist - you just need the right man to show it - GM is a **** :)

And Harding wouldn't have been going straight from Saints to Pompey either - big difference - fair play...

If the Albion had shown loyalty to Murray by paying him what he's worth we might be in the Premier League now.

Instead they spunked £6 million over four years on someone else.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If the Albion had shown loyalty to Murray by paying him what he's worth we might be in the Premier League now.

Instead they spunked £6 million over four years on someone else.

What was the contract we offered him? What was his last contract he had with us? And what contract did he want...?

FWIW I'm well aware you're the biggest Murray apologist going, secret thing for palace and we need to stop threads about this **** especially your one designed to wind people up about one player being a 80mil man :)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
What was the contract we offered him? What was his last contract he had with us? And what contract did he want...?

FWIW I'm well aware you're the biggest Murray apologist going, secret thing for palace and we need to stop threads about this **** especially your one designed to wind people up about one player being a 80mil man :)

1: £7.5k (half of what we were paying CMS)
2: £6k
3: £9k

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
1: £7.5k (half of what we were paying CMS)
2: £6k
3: £9k

If true then yes I think it's mental and a mistake but my point always had been he's a **** for going to our rivals in a free. A great player when he was here ( for about a season) but an absolute **** to us. Disloyal judas **** :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Except he didn't leave us on a free. He was out of contract and Palace offered him a job. He never claimed to be an Albion fan (he's from Cumbria), so where does this idea that he's a judas come from?

He did leave on a free though - same thing. He should be the most hated of all our former players by a long way yet still some decide for some reason to defend him... Was Harding a lifelong saints fan then? If he was that's the only thing that is different - as well as he wouldn't have gone from saints to Pompey. Dunno why you're sticking up for a bloke who deemed it got to sign for our rivals after letting his contract expire, then lie he had no idea if the rivalry. Talk about insult to injury...

My original point stands, Harding has proved there is a little bit of respect and loyalty left amongst greedy disloyal footballers. I don't want to waste time having the same argument about GM - he's in the past. (And I will always be right :thumbsup: ;) )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here