Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn - Time Up

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
Last season Burn did surprisingly well, so although it's not his best or preferred position we know he can do a job there.

It's funny people slagging off Potter for playing DB out of position, but also want Alzate to play RWB :ffsparr:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
If you’re thinking of slagging off Dan Burn, consider this - that bloke gives everything he has, game in game out.
That shouldn’t be enough to earn him a starting spot.
But it should be good enough to earn your respect.
(And by extension, not slag him off).

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
If you’re thinking of slagging off Dan Burn, consider this - that bloke gives everything he has, game in game out.

Exactly.

These scapegoat / slagging player off threads are a bit classless (this isn’t as bad as the disgusting “Hopefully the end of Connolly” topic mind.. penny for the thoughts of those who ‘liked’ that one).

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Traore had no joy at all for the first third of the game. He was double-teamed effectively by Burn and March.
March was then switched to the right wing for a while - hardly the first time this has happened - and Trossard had the responsibility that March previously had.
Trossard was nowhere to be seen defensively, and Burm was isolated one on one by one of the best wingers in the game.

But yeah, it's all Burn's fault, and his alone.

Where have all you haters come from?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It would seem like a good idea to also recall Karbownik from Warsaw ( although he has a short term injury until the end of January ).

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
is it?

He is shit, but what other options are available at LB? Bernado is both shit and another expensive flop, March is a LW not a LB and Burn has height.

The Blame lies at the door of Ashworth. Winstanley, Bloom for failing to provide any adequate options in that position. Karbo? who knows but he doesnt have any height and he's not here anyway.

Potter usually has three at the back, at least at the start, and he picks Burn. We have four players who are miles bette. But agree we are weak atLB with four at the back

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Poor BDB, for some reason the focus of the MOTD post game analysis, which seemed a bit cruel.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

That is a very sensible post and I am inclined to agree with you.

BUT Burn was next level shit today and that ridiculous lunge for the penalty was unforgivable. And coming so soon after his Leicester debacle and cock up against Arsenal, I don’t think the stick he is getting is surprising or unwarranted. We all appreciate he’s a good guy and tries hard but he is a professional playing at an eliite level and that was just abysmal today, it deserves to be called out.

Individual performances like that today by Burn and other players throughout the season are reflecting on the manager who is getting a massive amount of criticism and pressure himself at the moment, and ultimately could pay for it with his job, so it’s only fair the players take the stick too.

And I defended Burn’s selection before the match!

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Dan had a nightmare evening after a poor couple of weeks. He was also wrestled to the ground in the box at the corner when Webster hit the bar and nobody seemed to care. Shearer on MotD was talking his usual nonsense though, saying that Traore did him for the whole game. As Sky's commentary team noted, the problems began when Trossard and March swapped sides and left Burn with less cover.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
The guy had a poor game, we know that. Last night on here we was vilified for the own goal. Now that I have seen highlights I think he was unlucky there. Sanchez could only punch the ball. It could have gone anywhere. It struck Burn's knee and was in the net. He could not help that ...it has happened to other defenders.
I think questions need to be asked abot Sanchez . We have conceded six goals in three games. He does not look comfortable taking the ball.
I hope they have long talk with Ryan to try and sort out what is ailing him. I'd like to see him back.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
That is a very sensible post and I am inclined to agree with you.

BUT Burn was next level shit today and that ridiculous lunge for the penalty was unforgivable. And coming so soon after his Leicester debacle and cock up against Arsenal, I don’t think the stick he is getting is surprising or unwarranted. We all appreciate he’s a good guy and tries hard but he is a professional playing at an eliite level and that was just abysmal today, it deserves to be called out.

Individual performances like that today by Burn and other players throughout the season are reflecting on the manager who is getting a massive amount of criticism and pressure himself at the moment, and ultimately could pay for it with his job, so it’s only fair the players take the stick too.

And I defended Burn’s selection before the match!

He had a bad game. No doubt about that. And this is a football message board, and fans have the right to say it how it is. And passions run high. I get all that. It helps make NSC what it is .
He still doesn’t deserve dogs abuse though, and nor does Ryan, because they bust their balls for the shirt. They are impeccable professionals. Some of the comments have been bordering on personal. That’s out of order.
I’ve seen players jog through Albion games clearly not giving a shit. They’re the ones who should get thrown to the wolves, if anyone.
I’m sure you know what I mean , Fareham Seagull

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
I still really like Dan Burn as a footballer.

Potter knew exactly what he was doing putting him up as our best defence against one of the biggest wide threats in the Premier League.

BDB did the job last time against Traore and he also memorably once did the same very difficult job with Zaha.

It just wasn’t his night this time.

Quite, he’s not a bad player at all. Not doing great this season but then who is? He had a bad day at the office.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
He had a bad game. No doubt about that. And this is a football message board, and fans have the right to say it how it is. And passions run high. I get all that. It helps make NSC what it is .
He still doesn’t deserve dogs abuse though, and nor does Ryan, because they bust their balls for the shirt. They are impeccable professionals. Some of the comments have been bordering on personal. That’s out of order.
I’ve seen players jog through Albion games clearly not giving a shit. They’re the ones who should get thrown to the wolves, if anyone.
I’m sure you know what I mean , Fareham Seagull

Again agree wholeheartedly. Bad game, good professional, doesn’t hide, gives his all. NSC loves a whipping boy.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Again agree wholeheartedly. Bad game, good professional, doesn’t hide, gives his all. NSC loves a whipping boy.
We've got a squad full of them at the moment. Not to mention a manager.

We'll turn on the coaches soon.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm no more going to attack Dan Burn than I will slate Maty Ryan.

Burn can hack it as a PL squad player but needs to be selected in the right position and not put up against the wrong type of player. I'm not going to attack Burn for things he could do nothing about, just as I'm not going to lay the blame for conceding goals at Ryan's door.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here