Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn - Time Up

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Wholehearted player and terrific bloke Dan, so it pains me to write this .......

Left Back urgently needed

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I still really like Dan Burn as a footballer.

Potter knew exactly what he was doing putting him up as our best defence against one of the biggest wide threats in the Premier League.

BDB did the job last time against Traore and he also memorably once did the same very difficult job with Zaha.

It just wasn’t his night this time.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Time was a long time ago, the blame is with the manager for keeping on picking him

is it?

He is shit, but what other options are available at LB? Bernado is both shit and another expensive flop, March is a LW not a LB and Burn has height.

The Blame lies at the door of Ashworth. Winstanley, Bloom for failing to provide any adequate options in that position. Karbo? who knows but he doesnt have any height and he's not here anyway.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Felt for him tonight, nothing went for him at all. There because he has a left foot. Not a left back in any sense of the word and struggles as one of the 3 as centre back.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Not a bad footballer on his day, but clearly not a PL left back.

I still think Bernardo is better at that job.

Traore is virtually unplayable on his day, a bit like Lamptey can be, but Lampteys a little lad and Traore is a rugby league player.

ANy of our players would have been on a hiding to nothing this evening playing at Left back, DB just got lucky!

There is an alarming requirement for recruitment to get their arses into gear, arguably more so @ LB than signing a decent striker.

Potter is not off scott free for failing to do anything about it other than continually see us humiliated. Or maybe thats the ploy . . .with such great job security, he just does what he does.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
is it?

He is shit, but what other options are available at LB? Bernado is both shit and another expensive flop, March is a LW not a LB and Burn has height.

The Blame lies at the door of Ashworth. Winstanley, Bloom for failing to provide any adequate options in that position. Karbo? who knows but he doesnt have any height and he's not here anyway.

This, but without the “shit”.

The vast majority of very tall EPL cb’s would make awful full backs, hating one on one’s against elite widemen.

It’s negligent to set up like that, both in terms of putting a result at jeopardy and in potentially letting a player hang out to dry.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Against anyone mobile he's ****ed. Traore is far too fast for him. He played well last game. But had a stinker v Leicester too

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Against anyone mobile he's ****ed. Traore is far too fast for him. He played well last game. But had a stinker v Leicester too

It does worry me with Potter that he didn’t see this coming against Wolves after seeing how Burn played against Leicester.

We all know he is out of his depth, even he probably does, but he doesn't deserve personal abuse- it's the manager's fault for picking him.

He isn't personally abusing him. Or do you just mean in general? lol

fwiw I agree with OP. Hate seeing players slide, but he's had too many chances now. Why Potter keeps picking him I don't know. If this is part of his nicey nicey approach, it isn't working.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Used as a back up CB played in the centre and not asked to carry the ball forward or play wide were exposed he's fine as a squad player but Potter is trying to get him to play in the wrong positions and asking him to play in a way that's way above his ability.

One thing I would say about Dan is he gives 100% and doesn't hide.

White missed two headers in the last two games which has lead to goals and is being lauded. Again I dont think playing him in the wrong positions is helping either

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here