Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Ashworth

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
The only part of this that makes me uneasy is that if his family still love in the Midlands and he has young-ish kids his Mrs could have thrown her toys out of the pram.

Villa not short of a few bob to throw his way either.

Like many other businesses I’m sure the Albion have seen the possibility of remote working. Bloom is Chairman from Perth. Ashworth can conduct part of his Tech Director remit from his home (wherever that is). He doesn’t have to be in Lancing 7 days a week.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I’d like to think his stock has risen a fair bit with the Lamptey and Lallana signings.

It has with me.
As per my previous posts, all I’d witnessed was fairly low key until then, still some way to go but definitely going in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It has with me.
As per my previous posts, all I’d witnessed was fairly low key until then, still some way to go but definitely going in the right direction.

Perhaps you wanted rapid results when this was always a long-term appointment which would take time to reveal its outcomes. Bloom understands this, with his 'stewardship' of the club, and most of his key decisions (stadium, training ground, academy, ...) have been oriented to the long-term, and Ashworth doesn't depart from this.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Perhaps you wanted rapid results when this was always a long-term appointment which would take time to reveal its outcomes. Bloom understands this, with his 'stewardship' of the club, and most of his key decisions (stadium, training ground, academy, ...) have been oriented to the long-term, and Ashworth doesn't depart from this.

What I observed was from the moment Ashworth was announced, our performances dropped, and when he arrived with the “my role is to keep the manager in a job”, which within 3 months is followed by CH sacking, and relative quick appointment of GP whose team Ashworth had been watching (possibly scouting)....... just felt a bit unBrighton like IMO......

However, you are right and the longer term strategy all appears to be going well.....

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Like many other businesses I’m sure the Albion have seen the possibility of remote working. Bloom is Chairman from Perth. Ashworth can conduct part of his Tech Director remit from his home (wherever that is). He doesn’t have to be in Lancing 7 days a week.

If you did have to be in Lancing 7 days a week it would kind of take the edge off the job!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I missed this thread the first two times round. What amazes me is how many people want the club to break it's wage structure. Have people not learned what happened when we were last in the top flight and where that got us ? Hereford .... that's where it got us !

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I missed this thread the first two times round. What amazes me is how many people want the club to break it's wage structure. Have people not learned what happened when we were last in the top flight and where that got us ? Hereford .... that's where it got us !

Thankfully we have Bloom and Barber in charge and they will only pay what we or what Tony is happy to pay.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I didn't know that he'd found Ryan for us - very impressed that he'd do that for the club 18 months before joining us!

Technically Ashworth didn't find Mooy either as we'd tried to sign him in our first Premier League season when he rejoined Huddersfield. But for a tweet from a fan of another club it's pretty well balanced and informed, they clearly haven't read the twitter instructions.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I didn't know that he'd found Ryan for us - very impressed that he'd do that for the club 18 months before joining us!

Just shows the level of knowledge the people behind these ''headlines'' have. One day im sure Dan Ashworth will see his project here as largely complete & move onto bigger things but I highely doubt its to Aston Villa this summer.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Just shows the level of knowledge the people behind these ''headlines'' have. One day im sure Dan Ashworth will see his project here as largely complete & move onto bigger things but I highely doubt its to Aston Villa this summer.

A move to Aston Villa would be a career limiting decision

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
A move to Aston Villa would be a career limiting decision

The fact we had to wait for him to serve notice at the FA, I'm sure his contract now has similar terms he also has a great position in that he runs the full football side of the club and appears to have a good relationship with the CEO and owner, why move?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here