Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Ashworth - Is he the problem?

Wallace

Nov 9, 2016
Dan Ashworth is part of a much bigger picture which Bloom and Barber have spent years defining and building. Ashworth has great pedigree and I hope he and Potter get many years to build this project together
I disagree with Ashworth's 'pedigree', this is the man who employed Southgate, he will ruin a fantastic group of young English talent because he is simply not good enough and I don't think Potter is good enough either. In the long run I think the sacking of Chris Hughton will go down as one of the clubs biggest ever mistakes and someone out of Bloom, Ashworth or Barber has to hold that to account

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
To be honest I'm still not sure how nobody has questioned his comment that his job was to keep Hughton in a job as long as possible, only for him to be sacked 4 weeks later.

As far as i can see the only benefit he's given us is some assistance in the Lamptey deal.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The problem? Probably not. A big part of the problem? Imo (long held, and articulated on here when he was appointed), yes.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
He brought in Lamptey and Llalana

We should sack the prick [emoji2357]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I disagree with Ashworth's 'pedigree', this is the man who employed Southgate, he will ruin a fantastic group of young English talent because he is simply not good enough and I don't think Potter is good enough either. In the long run I think the sacking of Chris Hughton will go down as one of the clubs biggest ever mistakes and someone out of Bloom, Ashworth or Barber has to hold that to account

A fairly informed post and I don't say that due to your positive comments about CH.

I say it because when someone almost at the Top of thy Pyramid of Hierarchy states that they don't like or believe in Hierarchy.

That's a clear way of saying. I am at close to the Summit of the decision making process but all accountability will fall on those below me.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007

The sacking of Chris Hughton was one of the club’s biggest mistakes - being proved now, finally.

Paul Barber would have been no-where near that decision

Tony Bloom would have reacted to the “gossip” from the dressing room that he was being fed by Ashworth

That’s the guy responsible, have no doubt about it.

He is ultimately responsible, but he’s in a position where it will always be the Manager or Head Coach that will lose their job.

Said it on 13th May 2019 and been been saying it ever since. It is NOT Graham Potters fault

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I think he made a perfectly good excuse as to why he shouldn't get the blame, he isn't in charge, everybody else is.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
The sacking of Chris Hughton was one of the club’s biggest mistakes - being proved now, finally.

Paul Barber would have been no-where near that decision

Tony Bloom would have reacted to the “gossip” from the dressing room that he was being fed by Ashworth

That’s the guy responsible, have no doubt about it.

He is ultimately responsible, but he’s in a position where it will always be the Manager or Head Coach that will lose their job.

Said it on 13th May 2019 and been been saying it ever since. It is NOT Graham Potters fault

How is sacking CH now being proved as a mistake ?

Genuine facts please, not just your opinion on CH.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Ashworth is the crux of the problem. Potter is his suggestion. Both need to go. Ashworth is a JCL with no idea how to operate a club of our structure. Failure at West Brom, failure at Brighton

He has gambled and left a PL side in the hands of a rookie manager. A manager with no real pedigree. No real experience. A decision based on a fairly flimsy judgement call. A hunch. Mediocre Swedish football and one moderate season in the Championship. Its hardly an impressive cv.

Potter was Blooms’s suggestion

Ashworth agreed with Bloom.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
How is sacking CH now being proved as a mistake ?

Genuine facts please, not just your opinion on CH.

Hughton kept us up twice - FACT

Retained £250m of revenue for the club - FACT

Premier League Points per game higher under Hughton (without Ashworth) than since - FACT

We are in the worst situation ever in the Premier League at this stage. - FACT

Ashworth and the philosophy is the issue - it isn’t Potter, as it wasn’t Hughton.

Potter is facing the same problems as Hughton, but he’s less experienced as to how to deal with them. Hughton was an experienced Premier League manager who had huge credit in the Albion bank.

Potter may well keep us up, but we’re no better off than we were under Hughton

So why sack Hughton and not Potter?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I don't like the role at all and I think it did for Hughton. I've worked a lot in senior management and change or new positions at that level tend to unsettle the incumbent.

That said, I agree it is Tony's (current) vision so not much will change.

Positioning yourself at "the centre of the wheel" is another way of not taking responsibility, which is a bit shit when the story doing the rounds is that Ashworth recommended Potter to TB after the Swansea / Man City cup game.

Agree with this.

I've seen so many occasions in my line of work when senior management positions are fiddled with to a largely detrimental effect.

Potter's decision making has been very poor in the last few games, but I do wonder if reporting lines are a bit messy which really doesn't help. Who does he report to?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here