Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I think selling him even for £5 million+ would've been disastrous. Him and Kayal are priceless in this league, you won't see many CM pairings that will come close.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Nope, I'm not having it.

I'm not having these week in week out MOTM performances.
Don't get me wrong, he good, he's getting better, he's performing really well in a strong team.
But he's not out performing everybody else.

Tonight his forward distribution was so-so, break up play great, side ways movement also great, but still no assists.
Fantastic goal, if only Solly could strike the ball like that.
But Stephens was responsible for both Rotherham's first half attacks.
And he's just a smidge slower on the ball than everybody else.

He's a very good player, currently playing very well.
Had he played like this last year he'd be Player of the Season, already.

But we're different gravy this year, Baldock, Bruno, Murphy, Uwe, means I'm just not seeing Stephens as MotM.
We're incredibly lucky he's not usually our best centre midfielder. (although he was tonight)

Never mind not having it... you are wrong

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Kayal ahead of Stephens for me, but really together they are by far the best central midfield pairing in the league. A real test for us when either get injured.

Those two are utterly crucial for us this season. As much as I like Ince, I can't see him bossing the midfield in a two. We've got decent cover all over the pitch. The only players that will substantially alter the way we play when absent are Kayal and Stephens.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Those two are utterly crucial for us this season. As much as I like Ince, I can't see him bossing the midfield in a two. We've got decent cover all over the pitch. The only players that will substantially alter the way we play when absent are Kayal and Stephens.
I doubt anybody is going to disagree with us on this one.

We will be real contenders all the while Kayal and Stephens are playing together in midfield. I don't think this club has seen a central midfield this good since 1979.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Once again he was up there with the MoM shout - him Murphy, Kayal, Bruno, Hemed and Bladock all impressed - but then again so did GG UWe and Bong! With so many playing so well it's hard to pick MoM. Last year it was hard as no one really deserved it at times!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Nope, I'm not having it.

I'm not having these week in week out MOTM performances.
Don't get me wrong, he good, he's getting better, he's performing really well in a strong team.
But he's not out performing everybody else.

Tonight his forward distribution was so-so, break up play great, side ways movement also great, but still no assists.
Fantastic goal, if only Solly could strike the ball like that.
But Stephens was responsible for both Rotherham's first half attacks.
And he's just a smidge slower on the ball than everybody else.

He's a very good player, currently playing very well.
Had he played like this last year he'd be Player of the Season, already.

But we're different gravy this year, Baldock, Bruno, Murphy, Uwe, means I'm just not seeing Stephens as MotM.
We're incredibly lucky he's not usually our best centre midfielder. (although he was tonight)

Where do you sit? Seriously. How you can view so many players so very differently to others is amazing.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I thought he was going to break the net with his goal, tonight. It made the back of the goal lift off the ground. Great shot.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Easily my man of the match. Capping a great performance with a well taken goal. Don't think he put a foot wrong all night.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Derby were somewhat short with their £2.5m offer.
That was just the most bizarre offer of the summer. I'd have been surprised if we'd have accepted £5m.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here