Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dale Stephens

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If we sell him it will show zero intention to move forwards and PLR will be a distant memory

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
A player we can't afford to lose IMO.

Agreed. He might be "worth" £2.5 million in normal terms, but I think he is worth more to us than that, partly because of his burgeoning understanding with Kayal, and partly because we would absolutely not want to do anything to help a Championship promotion favourite.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
anyone contemplating selling Stephens would be a moron of the highest order fullstop. He and Kayal are playin the CM role with only TWO of them (usually against 3 of them) incredibly well. We just ain't selling...

FWIW didn't he cost 1.5mil or 1mil - 2.5 is a laughable figure!

This sums it up quite nicely ^^

Stephens is doing a great job with Kayal and both are making contributions to games with assists and goals. They are potentially the best CM pairing in the division.

People seem to have a problem with seeing the work CMs put in if they don't score or play killer balls every 5 minutes. Look at Hammond, how many people on here claimed he was anonymous and that we wouldn't miss him? Then he left and we just got over run in midfield every week. To sell him for anything less than £5m would be madness.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm a long way from Team Dale.

But even as one who'll criticise him, that money doesn't cover what his fan club say he can do.

I think we should keep him and give him a fair crack of the whip.
(I reserve the right to still grumble every time he fouls his way out of poor positioning!)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
This story is pretty credible as it comes via the Derby Telegraph who have decent sources.
However the story is Derby are looking at him and they've come up with a figure as to what they think he's worth.

This really doesn't mean Albion want to , will , have to, need to sell him though ..to anyone let alone Derby.
Bloom doesn't need the money, we have no FFP restrictions, he's a first team starter etc.
Players being linked with other clubs doesn't mean we have no AMBITION.
Its a good thing. Shows we have a decent squad.

Hold tight. :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He was about 1-1.5million

No he wasnt we were quoted £1.5m for him and Kermognant I am fairly sure he was only about £600k Somebody will dig out the relevant paper reports at the time but will probably show as undisclosed. Clayton wasnt even £1.5m when we were after him but then I think Stephens is as good as him.

Kermorgnant went to Bournemouth for £900k which leaves about £600k for Stephens possible £700k.on their valuation.

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
If Huddersfield can knock back 2/3 bids for Butterfield then we can for Stephens.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
As much as I rate Stephens, he is a cracking player, and I dont want to lose him.

Its weird that they have not identified Kayal as the one to bid for......we all know of the 2 which one we could totally not live without.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This story is pretty credible as it comes via the Derby Telegraph who have decent sources.
However the story is Derby are looking at him and they've come up with a figure as to what they think he's worth.

This really doesn't mean Albion want to , will , have to, need to sell him though ..to anyone let alone Derby.
Bloom doesn't need the money, we have no FFP restrictions, he's a first team starter etc.
Players being linked with other clubs doesn't mean we have no AMBITION.
Its a good thing. Shows we have a decent squad.

Hold tight. :)

Aye

albionite

May 20, 2009
Maybe they know kayal would cost a lot more. Wasn't charlton fans surprised that we got dale as he wanted to move further north?
As much as I rate Stephens, he is a cracking player, and I dont want to lose him.

Its weird that they have not identified Kayal as the one to bid for......we all know of the 2 which one we could totally not live without.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
No he wasnt we were quoted £1.5m for him and Kermognant I am fairly sure he was only about £600k Somebody will dig out the relevant paper reports at the time but will probably show as undisclosed. Clayton wasnt even £1.5m when we were after him but then I think Stephens is as good as him.

I agree. My recollection was that he was around £650 to £750k. It would be madness to let Stephens go for anything less than £5m - he's an essential cog in the team

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I'm a long way from Team Dale.

But even as one who'll criticise him, that money doesn't cover what his fan club say he can do.

I think we should keep him and give him a fair crack of the whip.
(I reserve the right to still grumble every time he fouls his way out of poor positioning!)

But you were in team CMS so your view is invalid :wink:

He does do the fouling thing but I think thats because he isnt fully ft yet.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Really must make every effort to keep Dale S for all the reasons listed by other posters above. This really is a question of showing that we are ambitious to hit the top 6 (at least). So, Derby, kindly **** off...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I GENUINELY believe we have one of, if not THE BEST central midfield pairings in this league with Stephans and Kayal.

I think both are MUSTARD.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here