Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dale Stephens

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
anyone contemplating selling Stephens would be a moron of the highest order fullstop. He and Kayal are playin the CM role with only TWO of them (usually against 3 of them) incredibly well. We just ain't selling...

FWIW didn't he cost 1.5mil or 1mil - 2.5 is a laughable figure!

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Probably just paper talk responding to the fact that we lost 4 central midfielders in the first 10 days of the season. Can't believe we'd spunk £2.5m on someone who would be behind those 4 and George Thorne in the pecking order......

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
anyone contemplating selling Stephens would be a moron of the highest order fullstop. He and Kayal are playin the CM role with only TWO of them (usually against 3 of them) incredibly well. We just ain't selling...

FWIW didn't he cost 1.5mil or 1mil - 2.5 is a laughable figure!

Agree with the above , if they come up with 5 million maybe , but you really don't won't to sell your starting midfield players , why disrupt the team especially as we have had a good start to the season

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Probably just paper talk responding to the fact that we lost 4 central midfielders in the first 10 days of the season. Can't believe we'd spunk £2.5m on someone who would be behind those 4 and George Thorne in the pecking order......
I'm not sure he'd want to move to perpetual bottle jobs Derby anyway......

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I'm not sure he'd want to move to perpetual bottle jobs Derby anyway......

exactly my thoughts
they have tried desperately to buy their way into the premiership without any success
hands off he is ours and it is our turn now

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
£2.5m for a player who cost £600k is on the face of it good business but we can neither afford to lose him or replace him. A similar replacement would cost more money than that. If a player as good was available cheaper they would be chasing him.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
No way, anyone that would consider this is dumb, and suggesting we get Tex in replacement is also daft Tex/Kayal wouldn't work.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
Being reported on talk sport now . Would love tony to hold a meeting with the squad and say no one is going anywhere because we could be building something special this season !!

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I really hope he stays - we don't need to be selling him and i think it's probably just mischief making by Derby who would probably buy him to stick him on the bench just so that we couldn't have him.
On a positive note though it means that teams are starting to worry about us - who would have thought we'd be a rival to massive Derby County ???
The end of the transfer window can't come soon enough . . .

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
No way, Stephens is a key player for us this year, now fully fit we will see a cracking player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here