Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens - January

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ask Burnley who signed Barnes in January and as Stat Brother says a club who desperately needs him now.
Barnes was a different era before we were losing 26 million per year.

Why reduce our chances of going up and increase the chance of another 26 million bill for a fee of peanuts ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Obviously like everybody else on here I am not in the know as to what TB is thinking as being an acceptable price to let him go but it seems as that our chance of promotion is greatly improved if we still have him for the season so it seems pointless to accept a fee that is less than we would have to pay for a replacement and put the £100m at risk. So I cannot see him leaving simply because Burnley will not offer £8m + with him being available for free in 5 months. So onwards we go to promotion.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
This issue is typical of those facing the club as a whole.

Essentially, we just have to hold our nerve. I believe we will.

PG

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Because 20 goals a season strikers don't come cheap and they're not readily available.

Because you refer to Kaz coming back when clearly he isn't in the plans.

Because you say we want someone like Charlie Austin. A player of that calibre is not cheap to buy and certainly not cheap to employ.

other than that ...if bloom wants to get to the prem then this is what he needs to do ....austin , rhodes , vydra.......no chance eh.......if you reckon im daft .....i reckon your dafter .........ok ay sausage...??

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
unsure that we are 'desperately after Stephens', we've got Defour, Marney, Hendrick as our CM options, with Arfield who has also played there (we also brought on Tarks as a DM). I think we'll start going back to 442, which will lessen the demand.

I expect us to be chasing a winger in the Jan transfer window, we need more creativity going forward. I'd also be surprised if Stephens wanted to leave Brighton given how good you are looking in terms of promotion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here