[Albion] Daily Mail reporting Albion have rejected £4m from Burnley for Dale Stephens

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It wasn't just that. We had 7 games around xmas where we failed to win because of injuries and suspensions. This is where depth comes into it and why Boro nicked it.

I know, lifes not fair.
We'll never have the riches of the so called 'big' clubs, but I'd rather us be where we are instead of just flashing the cash.
Alex Prickard for example :)

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
SEVEN MILLION!!

If that is true, while is he still here?

He's good but he's not that good. Thanks for the effort Dale, and good luck for the future.

If it was Kayal, then I'd say no deal, but out of the two, Dale is the far more replaceable of the pair.

Get shot now, and it gives us time to get a replacement in, that's if we really need one. Depending how Towell turns out, I think we have enough in that department, with or without Dale

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
If indeed this 7m rumour is true then it would be ridiculously good business for our club given the one year remaining on his contract.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I know, lifes not fair.
We'll never have the riches of the so called 'big' clubs, but I'd rather us be where we are instead of just flashing the cash.
Alex Prickard for example :)

We are either Premier league ready or not. Which one?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It wasn't just that. We had 7 games around xmas where we failed to win because of injuries and suspensions. This is where depth comes into it and why Boro nicked it.

Stephens wasn't one of them.

Edit to add - we missed Solly March more than anyone in that period. Now we have cover with Skalak, with March due to come back soon.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Middlesboro kept there squad together last year and strengthened further. We haven't. That's the difference and why they went up.

By the end of July last year they had only signed 2 extra players...one of which subsequently broke his leg before the season started...one of them was Downing £5 million spunked there....so who are you blaming?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
By the end of July last year they had only signed 2 extra players...one of which subsequently broke his leg before the season started...one of them was Downing £5 million spunked there....so who are you blaming?

I believe they signed 5 players in Jan including 12 million on a striker

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
We are either Premier league ready or not. Which one?

Premier League of course, just as I said we are not a rich club, get there in the end with the talent we have, as we'll never have that much strength in depth.
It will come :)

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Spunked five million on Downing? They got 170 million for promotion.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What amazes me is that the posters on here are all virtually without exception saying Kayal is better and worth more but talking to other people in the game who have a good knowledge they say the opposite Stephens is.was our best midfielder and brought the best out of Kayal.and made him look better.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
What amazes me is that the posters on here are all virtually without exception saying Kayal is better and worth more but talking to other people in the game who have a good knowledge they say the opposite Stephens is.was our best midfielder and brought the best out of Kayal.and made him look better.
Stephens for me out of the two but there's not alot in it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Why do we always seem to be unable to hold on to our best players? I don't see Sheffield Weds or Derby selling off any of their first teamers. It's so bloody annoying..and before anyone says we'll replace Stephens with someone as good...no chance.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I'm not sure I'd agree with all that BG...but for me Stephens is marginally better...however he SEEMS to be the one who wants to leave now.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Erm...we havnt got to the end of August yet...we were allegedly going to spend up to 8 mill on a midfielder?...again so who are you blaming?

Am i blaming anyone.? I said we are weaker which we are than this point last year. You can't see that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports