Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Daily Mail reporting Albion have rejected £4m from Burnley for Dale Stephens

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If Stephens does want to return to the North and/or wants a shot at the Premier League, then I'm not sure £4m is too far away given he only has a year left.

He certainly holds most of the cards on this one.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
£4 million is probably a sensible evaluation.

But no club should consider sensible evaluations when selling players to First Division teams these days.

I don't think it can go much higher though given the contract situation.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The last Prem club you want bidding for your players are Burnley - they'll offer you peanuts and in 12 months' time those same players could be denying you promotion.

Leaving aside Stephens, Jeff Hendrick had a pretty good Euros for the Rep of Ire - £3mill for him is as abad - if not worse - that the derisory £4mill for Stephens.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Out of contract in a year, rumoured to want to return up north - I'd take £5m, given the circumstances

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
we really do have to try and keep Stephens ans Kayal...........otherwise we will struggle that unless we replace them with something equal........bit short notice though

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
If Pelle is only 12m with a year on his contract after an impressive Euro's then 4m is probably about right, unless Bloom is genuinely not interested in selling

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
12 months left on his contract.... We'll get north of £5m-£6m and accept. Player agent will force this too for a tidy fee

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Why would anyone wanna move back up north? I am talking from experience...can only be the money oh and maybe premier league football

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Easily replaced in the Championship if we get anything more than £5million for him. I'd rather not see Dale go but equally I wouldn't want to deny him the chance of playing at the top level even if it is for one of the shittiest teams from one of the shittiest places. A footballers career is short and he would be stupid to turn down a decent payday so lets screw Burnley for every penny we can get and invest in another player. Its a cycle we experience every season and not worth getting precious over.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Him and Kayal in the midfield are almost the heart and soul of this team. It would be a big shame to break them up.

Ten million, and a box of tissues to wipe my tears away.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
we really do have to try and keep Stephens ans Kayal...........otherwise we will struggle that unless we replace them with something equal........bit short notice though
Have we checked Fleetwood Town's reserves though?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here