Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dagenham & Redbridge vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Ah ha!

Formation

The club can trace its origins back to four amateur clubs Ilford (formed in 1881), Leytonstone (1886), Walthamstow Avenue (1900) and Dagenham (1949). All had some success, particularly Leytonstone, who won the FA Amateur Cup three times and the Isthmian League title nine times.

In 1979, Ilford and Leytonstone merged to become Leytonstone/Ilford, and in 1988 they absorbed the struggling Walthamstow Avenue to become Redbridge Forest (although the name change was made only in the summer of 1989). Redbridge Forest achieved promotion to the Football Conference in 1991 before merging with Dagenham in 1992 to become Dagenham & Redbridge.

I don't think we have.

So, that's the Rebridge History.
What's the Dagenham History?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
History

The club were founder members of the Metropolitan & District League for the 1949-50 season, finishing as runners-up after losing the title on goal average. They captured the title the following season before becoming founder members of the Delphian League for the 1951-52 season They finished as League runners-up in the inaugural season.

For the 1963-64 season they joined the Athenian League and soon made their mark by finishing second in the 1967-68 season. The club entered a period of success, winning the league in 1971 and following this up with two runners-up places, whilst also ending up beaten finalists in the 1970 and 1971 FA Amateur Cup competitions. Their reputation growing, Dagenham were admitted to the Isthmian League for the 1973-74 season in what was the inaugural season of that league's Second Division. The club made an immediate impact by winning the division, and thus promotion to First Division (renamed Premier Division in 1977).

Dagenham continued to make an impact in the higher division, losing to Scarborough in the final of the 1977 FA Trophy, and following this up with two consecutive runners-up positions in the league. In 1980 the club ended their finals hoodoo by capturing the FA Trophy after defeating Mossley 2-1 at Wembley. Having established themselves as one of the leading non-league sides, Dagenham were admitted to the Alliance Premier League in 1981. FA Trophy semi-final appearances followed in the 1982-83 and 1983-84 seasons but success eluded Dagenham at the higher level and they returned to the Isthmian League for the 1988-89 season. The club remained in the Isthmian League until their merger in 1992.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Can get us at 11/10 for this game, surely overpriced?
They're on good form but if this was a Premiership game with the position and form of the two sides you'd never get those odds.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Can get us at 11/10 for this game, surely overpriced?

With the winning streak we are on that's a huge price regardless of D & R's recent form

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Any team news yet?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I'd be a little surprised if the winning run continues. Tired legs and opponents right up for it. I'll take a point from tonight.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4032698 said:
Anyone sitting in the home end tonight? If so what stand? I'm thinking of going in the family stand...

ssshhhh !! with only 1500 away tickets there will be Albion in all other parts of the ground. :thumbsup:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Albion team v Daggers: (4-4-2) Ankergren; Calderon, Elphick, Greer, Painter; Bennett, Bridcutt, Dicker, Noone; Murray, Sandaza.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Woody on the bench , ready to take over if El Goleador doesn't bang one in during the first hour. Bench is defence minded tonight.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
somebody pulled the plug on Seagulls Player ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here