Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Dare I mention Lewes Road, millions of pounds being spent, wide cycle lanes, fancy bus stops where bikes can go behind them, while I appreciate its not all finished yet every day I see cyclists using the pavement on the bits where the cycle lane has been completed.

Lewes Road is a nightmare, i got off the P & R bus last season after an evening game, went over to the push button crossing and the cars stopped, but guess what a cyclist went straight on and nearly hit my young son and myself, he hhad no lights, i shouted at him and he then stopped and wanted to fight me. This type give cyclists a bad name.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Lewes Road is a nightmare, i got off the P & R bus last season after an evening game, went over to the push button crossing and the cars stopped, but guess what a cyclist went straight on and nearly hit my young son and myself, he hhad no lights, i shouted at him and he then stopped and wanted to fight me. This type give cyclists a bad name.

When you see drivers parked illegally or driving dangerously/going through red lights do you feel that they give all drivers a bad name? Genuine question.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
If there's one thing that annoys me (actually there are thousands of things that annoy me of which this is but one!), it is cyclists who insist in using the road when there is a perfectly good cycle path.

The cycle path is for cyclists (hence the name) so fricking use it when it's there and stop snarling up the traffic for us car drivers.

I usually give such morons a blast on my horn as I sail past and get a one or two finger salute in response. At least I'm getting my message across.

I'm with you on this one buddy. It's worse than ever this year. Millions get spent on cycle lanes and the bolshie biking b#*#ards won't frickin use them. Fits in with general lack of consideration I suppose. Good job the notify thingie is disabled as no doubt I'll get the usual torrent of abuse that follows any criticism of the two wheelers, usually followed by the somewhat childish retort of 'Well, car users are just as bad because....'

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I'm with you on this one buddy. It's worse than ever this year. Millions get spent on cycle lanes and the bolshie biking b#*#ards won't frickin use them. Fits in with general lack of consideration I suppose. Good job the notify thingie is disabled as no doubt I'll get the usual torrent of abuse that follows any criticism of the two wheelers, usually followed by the somewhat childish retort of 'Well, car users are just as bad because....'

The problem with the current spend on cycle lanes is that they're generally designed and built by people who don't cycle, or have the faintest clue as to the needs of cyclists. There are also budgets given for 'cycle infrastructure' in a 'use it or lose it' sort of way, so money gets spent on things that are inappropriate, ineffective and in places downright dangerous.

Some cycle lanes are well thought out and in sensible, useful places, but even many of these simply disappear where they'd be most helpful.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
When you see drivers parked illegally or driving dangerously/going through red lights do you feel that they give all drivers a bad name? Genuine question.

yes i do, genuine answer. my quote didn't say ALL cyclists, i know most are good and i am not anti cyclist.
the next time i used the P & R the same happened, without the offer of a fight and a different rider.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
yes i do, genuine answer. my quote didn't say ALL cyclists, i know most are good and i am not anti cyclist.
the next time i used the P & R the same happened, without the offer of a fight and a different rider.

Fair enough. I generally hate cyclists that ride through red lights (especially at pedestrian crossings!!), but even more so people who want to fight random people in the street. I think that was the problem - he was a ****, he just happened to be on a bike at the time!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Fair enough. I generally hate cyclists that ride through red lights (especially at pedestrian crossings!!), but even more so people who want to fight random people in the street. I think that was the problem - he was a ****, he just happened to be on a bike at the time!

Agree 100%, i was more upset about this because he could had hit my son, im glad it didn't turn to violence. I get the train to games now!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011

Oh the irony :ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here