Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I know I should be Team Cyclist, but as with ALL videos like this bike bloke comes across as an absolute knobber while Team Car is just a stereotype.

Sure there's some fabulously comedic stuff in there, "you're not wearing a helmet" "you're not wearing a seat belt"
Obviously the ending is fantastic.

But by that time the cyclist deserved a pasting and one day someone will give it too him.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I know I should be Team Cyclist, but as with ALL videos like this bike bloke comes across as an absolute knobber while Team Car is just a stereotype.

Sure there's some fabulously comedic stuff in there, "you're not wearing a helmet" "you're not wearing a seat belt"

But by that time the cyclist deserved a pasting and one day someone will give it too him.

Had a good giggle over that - but like you say, they are as bad as each other. I didn't think the car passed that close tbh (I've certainly had closer shaves with cars) and certainly not worth following it like that. Both blokes made themselves look stupid in the end, but the somersault just put a cherry on the cake for me....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Had a good giggle over that - but like you say, they are as bad as each other. I didn't think the car passed that close tbh (I've certainly had closer shaves with cars) and certainly not worth following it like that. Both blokes made themselves look stupid in the end, but the somersault just put a cherry on the cake for me....
I'm still Team Car.

They clearly aren't as bad as each other.
The cyclist provoked the whole incident, and kept on provoking.
I doubt the footage was FF'ed at the chase scene, he's probably never ridden so fast in his life, just to be holier than thou, even though he was clearly in the wrong.

At the point of passing there weren't any parked cars, he had the time and space to move over and not be a shit puffin.
He chose not too, and proved once again to ALL drivers, ALL cyclists should be run over.

It's a shame it's so funny.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It doesn't help that it's going to be the first Sunday in over a month that it's not windy, raining and cold so don't really want to waste it!

I certainly won't be wasting a rare free Sunday in optimum riding weather.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wow optimum riding weather indeed; light winds, sunny, and pleasantly mild, something must be up?!
Yesterday afternoon, knowing I didn't have to take the wind into account, genuinely felt odd. .

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

My favourite part was when the driver said 'why don't you get a car' :lol:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
My favourite part was when the driver said 'why don't you get a car' :lol:

It was comedy gold from start to finish.

The self righteous cyclist, probably out looking for drivers that he can film, who was so full of shit it was unbelievable.

The fat, balding, cyclist hating driver who was so incandescent with rage that he could neither listen, nor make any coherent sense beyond using the c bomb.

His attempt to suppress his aggressive mood by getting back in his car that was finally defeated by the boring, monotone 'computer says no' type responses from the cyclist.

And then that wonderful chase and its poetic denouement.

Magnificent.

You can't be 'Team car' or 'Team bike' for that. Just sit back and enjoy a couple of utter CJTCs making twats of themselves.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
It was comedy gold from start to finish.

The self righteous cyclist, probably out looking for drivers that he can film, who was so full of shit it was unbelievable.

The fat, balding, cyclist hating driver who was so incandescent with rage that he could neither listen, nor make any coherent sense beyond using the c bomb.

His attempt to suppress his aggressive mood by getting back in his car that was finally defeated by the boring, monotone 'computer says no' type responses from the cyclist.

And then that wonderful chase and its poetic denouement.

Magnificent.

You can't be 'Team car' or 'Team bike' for that. Just sit back and enjoy a couple of utter CJTCs making twats of themselves.

Quite that cyclist would test the patience of a saint, good to see the violent driver get his comeuppance though!

Cyclist 0 Driver -1

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh exciting Strava is going to take a hit tomorrow.

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011
Anyone who has done the prudential ride before know if they are strict on you keeping to your start time? Want to ride with a friend but his time is 30 minutes earlier so thought I could join his queue.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
lolololol

Must watch, if too long/cba, the last 60 seconds is gold.]
We already have, about 10 posts up.

A couple of twunks that deserve each other.

Oh and for the record, as usual, I'm Team Car on this one.

Mar 12, 2008
Anyone who has done the prudential ride before know if they are strict on you keeping to your start time? Want to ride with a friend but his time is 30 minutes earlier so thought I could join his queue.

Think they are pretty strict. 24,000 people starting when they wanted would be a logistical nightmare. We have 5 riders in our group with start times between 6.30 and 7. We're going to meet a few hundred yards after the start line.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here