Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
OK, so it looks like we have [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] signed up. I also have a Manchester City rider coming along so that we have somebody to goad on the ride.

Can I stress, this is a social ride. We'll put down a few miles, but we are not going hell for leather.

So, come on, any others? [MENTION=3858]Motogull[/MENTION] is it too far for you to venture down? Sorry if so. What about [MENTION=10856]1066familyman[/MENTION] and [MENTION=566]Bad Ash[/MENTION] - or also [MENTION=4815]seagully[/MENTION] [MENTION=12917]Bedsex[/MENTION] [MENTION=54]teaboy[/MENTION] [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION] [MENTION=13467]JoePrecious[/MENTION] [MENTION=17085]armchairclubber[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5362]manintheblackpajamas[/MENTION] ?

Thanks, but.......Brighton Pier?........ on a non workday?........at 8.30 A.M.!? :rotlf:

Have a good one all.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Thanks, but.......Brighton Pier?........ on a non workday?........at 8.30 A.M.!? :rotlf:

Have a good one all.

What if I made it 9am?
[MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] what's your plan? Are you going to meet us in Brighton or en route? Could affect plans and timings a little, but no great shakes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What if I made it 9am?
[MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] what's your plan? Are you going to meet us in Brighton or en route? Could affect plans and timings a little, but no great shakes.
Judging by the fact he usually pops up here as I'm contemplating bed, I don't think 1066 is a morning person!
I am not a night person, I laugh in the face of 5am.

I'm coming over to t'pier, getting the train into Brighton at 8:18.
My plan is to meet up, do the full ride and ideally ride home (but with 'bus fair home' in my pocket)

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
What if I made it 9am?

I'll meet up with you where the old Half Brick Pub used to be if ok ? What sort of time do you think you will be roaring past ? That's if you are still thinking of doing the route you suggested the other day.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'll meet up with you where the old Half Brick Pub used to be if ok ? What sort of time do you think you will be roaring past ?

We'll be averaging around 50 kph during the early relaxed part of the ride so it should taken us longer than 15 minutes.

Ha!

Assuming we all leave on time I'd say we'll be there at 9/9.15? Half Brick is the one at the bottom of Ham Road yes?

PM me a mobile number banjo and I can text you when we leave.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
We'll be averaging around 50 kph during the early relaxed part of the ride so it should taken us longer than 15 minutes.

Ha!

Assuming we all leave on time I'd say we'll be there at 9/9.15? Half Brick is the one at the bottom of Ham Road yes?

PM me a mobile number banjo and I can text you when we leave.

:lolol: yes it is. Pm sent catch you tomorrow.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The weather would seem to be near perfect tomorrow.

PR's all the way chaps, in it to win it.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
have any of you chaps realised the Tour Of Britain finishes in Brighton on the day we play Blackpool ? I have e-mailed the club, wondered if you had already done so.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
have any of you chaps realised the Tour Of Britain finishes in Brighton on the day we play Blackpool ? I have e-mailed the club, wondered if you had already done so.
No the Tour is in Brighton next Saturday, the 13th, the Albion are away to Brentford.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Right, geeks - some help required.

You may have seen the plans for the new TfL 'superhighways'. If you haven't, have a quick look here: http://cyclelondoncity.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/if-you-want-londons-largest-ever.html

While some of the detail is below par, the general scheme could be bloody brilliant and will help more people get onto bikes.

Please fill in the consultations here: https://consultations.tfl.gov.uk/cycling/northsouth for the detailed North-South, and here: https://consultations.tfl.gov.uk/cycling/eastwest for the detailed East-West one.

As big a message of overall support is needed to prevent the motor lobby from blocking bits to derail it. General feedback for North-South here: https://consultations.tfl.gov.uk/cycling/northsouth/consultation/subpage.2014-08-28.2228607314/ and East-West here: https://consultations.tfl.gov.uk/cycling/eastwest/consultation/subpage.2014-08-27.3391482774/

Ta muchly.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Bloody good innings and the boy hit a few amazing sixes in his time with us.

See you at the pier tomorrow Bold.

I may not be able to make it. I appear to have picked up a bit of a chest infection, and as you might remember, I'm often puffing on my inhaler anyway on a longer ride. I am gutted as I have cover for football training, but at the moment I don't think I could make it to the pier without coughing a lung up...:down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here