Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
OK, so it looks like we have [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] signed up. I also have a Manchester City rider coming along so that we have somebody to goad on the ride.

Can I stress, this is a social ride. We'll put down a few miles, but we are not going hell for leather.

So, come on, any others? [MENTION=3858]Motogull[/MENTION] is it too far for you to venture down? Sorry if so. What about [MENTION=10856]1066familyman[/MENTION] and [MENTION=566]Bad Ash[/MENTION] - or also [MENTION=4815]seagully[/MENTION] [MENTION=12917]Bedsex[/MENTION] [MENTION=54]teaboy[/MENTION] [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION] [MENTION=13467]JoePrecious[/MENTION] [MENTION=17085]armchairclubber[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5362]manintheblackpajamas[/MENTION] ?

Thanks for the invite but have plans next weekend sadly.

Also it is a little bit far West for me as my family are based in the Hastings/Battle area-would be staying with them if I came down.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
OK, so it looks like we have [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] signed up. I also have a Manchester City rider coming along so that we have somebody to goad on the ride.

Can I stress, this is a social ride. We'll put down a few miles, but we are not going hell for leather.

So, come on, any others? [MENTION=3858]Motogull[/MENTION] is it too far for you to venture down? Sorry if so. What about [MENTION=10856]1066familyman[/MENTION] and [MENTION=566]Bad Ash[/MENTION] - or also [MENTION=4815]seagully[/MENTION] [MENTION=12917]Bedsex[/MENTION] [MENTION=54]teaboy[/MENTION] [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION] [MENTION=13467]JoePrecious[/MENTION] [MENTION=17085]armchairclubber[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5362]manintheblackpajamas[/MENTION] ?

Please be gentle with Me :eek:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

I'd be well up for this, but sadly not at 8:30! Sod getting up at 6 on a Saturday! Particularly as I'm taking my bike to Rayments for a service tomorrow lunchtime and collecting Saturday lunchtime.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares

Unfortunately I'm not local, I'm based in Wiltshire (sounds better than Swindon). I'm also partaking in a multi-sport event the following day, so will be taking it pretty easy. In fact, I've made arrangements to go a view a TT bike up in Birmingham on Saturday morning! A BMC TM02 in case anyone was interested.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
To all you geeks unable to make it, no worries. have a good weekend and keep an eye out for other spins, and [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] do not worry we are not all Contadors (except SB who'll probably lap us).

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Can any of you geeks recommend a decent set of winter tyres?
I am looking for the most puncture resistant and not too worried about speed.

I have a Bianchi road bike late 70's early 80's if that helps

Many thanks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Unfortunately I'm not local, I'm based in Wiltshire (sounds better than Swindon). I'm also partaking in a multi-sport event the following day, so will be taking it pretty easy. In fact, I've made arrangements to go a view a TT bike up in Birmingham on Saturday morning! A BMC TM02 in case anyone was interested.
I don't really hate, I don't even like the word.

On a personal level I remind myself of my own responsibilities and failing, it's easy to hate someone else as it gives you a free pass.
Sure the likes of Rotherham, Savile are easy to 'hate' but that does block the bigger picture.
Like Mr beheader in Syria easy to hate him, but he's not acting alone.
There's a massive interlocking web of, people, social, political, religious and economical situations that created that one sickening act. To hate that one man stops people asking 'how did that happen'.
Again of course I hate palace fans hahaha, but they are no different to me, just less fortunate.
I work with one, a decent bloke, he just needs my pity not my hatred.

But one of the very very few things I positively loathe, despise, and hate with every inch of my being, is that little triangle of tubing between the toptube and downtube on a BMC.
I was looking at one on Sunday, and if they hadn't got us underway I was just about to rip the bike out of the fellas hands, stamp on it, and throw it over a hedge.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To all you geeks unable to make it, no worries. have a good weekend and keep an eye out for other spins, and [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] do not worry we are not all Contadors (except SB who'll probably lap us).
Wow you're in for a shock.

If it weren't for those tricky 1% climbs I might have let that slide. :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
ITV4 8pm TONIGHT:-

LeMond - Slaying the Badger.

Set your videos geeks.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I'd be well up for this, but sadly not at 8:30! Sod getting up at 6 on a Saturday! Particularly as I'm taking my bike to Rayments for a service tomorrow lunchtime and collecting Saturday lunchtime.

6 O'Clock? We are meeting at 8.30! I will be setting the alarm for 7.30, and won't be up a second before.

Were you leaving time to shave your legs? :wink:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Many thanks

Continental Grand Prix 4 Seasons are very good.

Having said that I use Vittoria Rubino Pro tyres all year round and have rarely had any difficulty with them. I love Rubino Pros.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Many thanks

Continental Gatohardshells. 25mm solid winter tyre and roll well enough. Not had a puncture with them yet touch wood. Always change to a lighter 23mm tyre in the summer though.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
6 O'Clock? We are meeting at 8.30! I will be setting the alarm for 7.30, and won't be up a second before.

Were you leaving time to shave your legs? :wink:
I do live in Newhaven now! But now you mention it, I am rather like an urangutan. Maybe that's why I'm so slow on a bike?!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

Sorry. Lazy way of saying "good luck on the ride, see if you can beat Glanders who put a pile of KOMs on a ride yesterday."

I'd love to go [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION], but I'm 50+ miles away. Add in that I'm suspended from riding at the mo because our washing machine shat itself and its impossible. I'll be hitting the 'give kudos' button while a deep green colour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here