Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I am after some information/help(again). I am looking to get myself a bike 🚲 shed or a bike hut?'
Hopefully someone on here has one and tell me where to get one from and the price range please. I just need to store 2 bikes.

Any ideas would be great.
Thank you 😊

I have two bikes in the living room, and one and a half in the bedroom. They stay nice and dry, and completely safe there...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I am after some information/help(again). I am looking to get myself a bike 🚲 shed or a bike hut?'
Hopefully someone on here has one and tell me where to get one from and the price range please. I just need to store 2 bikes.

Any ideas would be great.
Thank you 😊
You might have seen those heavy duty plastic double fronted storage units with a prop up lid, grey and green.

If you have don't bother, they are reverse TARDIS', teeny tiny on the inside.

Between us 3 bikes in the hall.
2 in one shed.
1 frame, tag along, and mudguards in another shed.
1 frame in the plastic thingy.

I really want one of those solid concrete slab garage things at the end of the garden.
Sadly though I'd have to kick my haribo habit for a couple of week to afford one, and that ain't gonna happen.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Anyone watching USA Pro Challenge Cycling on Eurosport at the moment? Fantastic scenery, Jens Voigt's last race, and he's on the attack...again.

Come on Jens!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Altura :facepalm: Though I do have some of their three quarter length water proof shorts. Now that is a fashion item.

I don't mind Altura. Got shorts and longs. Is it a well uncool brand then?

Couldn't do the test/quiz thing. I don't go out in the rain. If I get caught out, so be it but I can't be doing with going out deliberately in the wet.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Jens now a minute ahead of the chasers, and nearly two ahead of the peleton. 20 miles left. No km in these US races - that's about 32 km though.

Wouldn't it be nice if for sentimental reasons, they just let him go?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Couldn't do the test/quiz thing. I don't go out in the rain. If I get caught out, so be it but I can't be doing with going out deliberately in the wet.

I have an Altura Night Vision jacket that comes out in the winter. It's a lovely bit of kit.

Moto, just choose the answer that most fits your rain avoiding tendencies. We need to know your brand!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Me too. This may have some truth to it...

You like to think you're a bit too cool for own-brand gear, although you're not prepared to throw masses of money after that conviction. So it's decent value Swedish attire for you.
x3

Although I don't have any Craft.

I've got a lovely pair of adidas full length winter bibs, for the cold and wet.
Probably the best piece of kit I own, and they're still virtually new :lol:

If it weren't for my feet I'd have no problem in riding in any condition.
But my feet will be freezing cold by the end of September, through till June.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Viviani, easily.
Denver and even more so Boulder are easily my favourite places that I've visited in the US, simply stunning.

Jens was never going to make that stick, although his bike looked nice.

Looking at the elevation graph suggests there's about 100ft of climbing doesn't it if you count all the upward parts and exclude the downward sections? I'm confused...

That is true. My GPS device also suggested that there was about 100ft of climbing. Strava only counts elevation changes beyond a certain minimum (not sure that's in terms of feet, gradient or both) and obviously none of the changes in my route exceeded that, therefore according to them no climbing. Generally any device with an altimeter will give a more reliable result than strava.

Still, 0 ft!!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

Not really, it just implies a sort of commuter like tendency to your bike riding. Which is sadly indicative of my laziness these days.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did you ride your bike there?
No I was just travelling, back in the day.

I can understand that a country so big would be 'different' in it's extremes.
Colorado and Texas aren't a million miles apart, geographically, but socially they are Mars and Venus.
Not to do Texans down you've got to admire anyone who makes your average Yorkshireian look like a shrinking violet.

But Colorado is stunning, and the people were great without being in your face.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
As the summer is quickly slipping away, I'm now quite tempted to get myself a CX bike to use on the road over the winter and possibly for some actual CX racing. I definitely want to get disc brakes, but am in 2 minds as to whether to go tubular or tubeless. Does anyone have any experiences or recommendations?

My major regret in life is now giving up swimming when I was about 10, and not finding triathlon until I was mid-20s. If I'd had pushier parents I could've been actually good! C'est la vie...
Oi !! I spent too much time driving you all over the place in pursuit of your football career. And then there was the cricket.

Eventually I came to read the signs. What does a goalkeeper have in common with a wicket keeper? That's right ... an aversion to running around. It never crossed my mind that there was a potential triathlete lazing around on that sofa.

:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here