Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At £250 I'd say the Bianchi is already above it's true value.
It's clearly a much loved well maintained bike but even when new it was nearer the runt of the litter than the show pony.

The Trek would seem to be similar to the Bianchi it's also a very tidy bike.
I fear this will also end up nearer to the RRP than is comfortable for an ebay purchase.

With the evenings drawing in :ohmy: LBS' will soon be thinking of clearing out their current stock to make way for the 2015 models.
If you're not in any rush I might be worth keeping an eye on local shops so you're ready to swoop in a couple of months.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
At £250 I'd say the Bianchi is already above it's true value.
It's clearly a much loved well maintained bike but even when new it was nearer the runt of the litter than the show pony.

The Trek would seem to be similar to the Bianchi it's also a very tidy bike.
I fear this will also end up nearer to the RRP than is comfortable for an ebay purchase.

With the evenings drawing in :ohmy: LBS' will soon be thinking of clearing out their current stock to make way for the 2015 models.
If you're not in any rush I might be worth keeping an eye on local shops so you're ready to swoop in a couple of months.

"With the evenings drawing in"!

You make it sound like Winter has arrived. This is gonna be a long, hot summer.

Bidon half full.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I didn't realise until till after posting the Bianchi is the same as one of mine, just with a better colour scheme.
What I will say about it that might be worth a couple of extra pounds I bet it goes like a rocket.

Your on the right track with those bikes, both just above entry level.
But both look very 'showroom', and you'll be paying well over £300 (possibly nearer £400) for that, which is new bike money.
Keep an eye out for a bike between those 2 ages, with a consistent groupset, good wheels, and looks like it's been ridden.

It's amazing the difference new bar tape/saddle and/or tyres can make to a tired bike.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just seeing if you geeks have a funny bone in your body
I guess it all depends on what you define as funny.

Trying to mix Shimano and Campagnolo groupsets on a Scott bike with Mavic wheels.

Now that's funny :lol: :lolol: :lol:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I gave myself quite a workout this morning. Damp roads I do not like, so didn't bone it down the slopes or lean into the bends as much. Happy with the average mph though given some new roads, one with bit of sting in the tail.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hey [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION] what is it with 58cm bikes, Trek and Ebay?

I'd keep an eye on this one just to gauge what prices are about.
Back in the day it would be about it's price now, for what is 'just a bike'.
If this pushes on way past £200, you might have a problem buying a reasonable bike on the cheap.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trek-roadbike-1-2-/151348179799?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item233d0df357

This one is interesting.
The fella hasn't done himself any favours with the photos or by setting a £400 minimum opening bid.
In the unlikely event of nobody bidding, I'd be tempted to swoop in with an offer of £300 settling for something like £350.
(Chances are it'll sell but not a long way past £400)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TREK-1-7-...1279499901?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item35d9551a7d

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here