Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Have you not looked out of the window?
A lovely morning to go out and earn that lunch, says the bike-shy fat bloke!!!

(although I do have decent spin planned for tomorrow)

Yeah, but there are just some days...

I was supposed to meet three mates at the Velo Cafe for an 8.15 start, but when the alarm went off I just knew it wasn't on. So I texted and went back to sleep.

If it was warm as well as sunny I might have gone out. I may still.

Just not yet. Rule number 5 can sod off.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah, but there are just some days...

I was supposed to meet three mates at the Velo Cafe for an 8.15 start, but when the alarm went off I just knew it wasn't on. So I texted and went back to sleep.

If it was warm as well as sunny I might have gone out. I may still.

Just not yet. Rule number 5 can sod off.
God it's like banging your head against a brick wall, with you lot.

You go down the cafe.
You order a bacon and a sausage sarnie.
You eat them in front of your wrapped up mates.
You laugh at them.
You scratch yourself.
THEN, and only then, do you go back to bed.

This kind of figure doesn't just happen, you know.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
God it's like banging your head against a brick wall, with you lot.

You go down the cafe.
You order a bacon and a sausage sarnie.
You eat them in front of your wrapped up mates.
You laugh at them.
You scratch yourself.
THEN, and only then, do you go back to bed.

This kind of figure doesn't just happen, you know.

:lolol:

I would love to have done that.

But the cafe is five miles away.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]447709298874126336[/tweet]

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Another lovely morning with no action. Took the lager option last night seeing as how doc said I'd prolong my recovery if I went out. I wouldn't have enjoyed it but I still hate not riding.

In other news, my enthusiasm has rubbed off on two colleagues. Both aiming to get new bikes soon. I reckon at least one Cannondale.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another lovely morning with no action. Took the lager option last night seeing as how doc said I'd prolong my recovery if I went out. I wouldn't have enjoyed it but I still hate not riding.

In other news, my enthusiasm has rubbed off on two colleagues. Both aiming to get new bikes soon. I reckon at least one Cannondale.
That would seem the better option.

Will you be the newbie's sensei? how exciting!!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

I've had the weekend off, and am currently horizontal on the sofa. I intend to remain here.

No feelings of guilt, no yearning to get out. I must be even more tired than I thought I was.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Will you be the newbie's sensei? how exciting!!

To a point yes and its nice to pass on some assistance. He is 20 years my junior and has I reckon a BMI slightly under 20. She is 13 years my junior and has been keeping fit for years. They'll be smoking me in no time.

I often ride when tired [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION]. I'd swap tiredness for Epididymitis in a heartbeat.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
To a point yes and its nice to pass on some assistance. He is 20 years my junior and has I reckon a BMI slightly under 20. She is 13 years my junior and has been keeping fit for years. They'll be smoking me in no time.

I often ride when tired [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION]. I'd swap tiredness for Epididymitis in a heartbeat.

Yep, me too. Today's tiredness has transformed itself into lethargy. Usually I feel guilty and go out anyway.

But not today.

MSR is a much bigger draw. Shitty weather there again, though nowhere near as bad as last year.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just back and couldn't contain my MSR excitement until 10.30 highlights. Just got a stream up now.

What have I missed?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ulissi abandon I see. The rain and distance and class field caught him out no doubt.

Kwia gone as well.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Here you go Horton:

http://cricfree.tv/euro-sports.php

Business end of things now. Fair play to Nibs, had to have a bash on Cipressa I suppose.

Cheers, although I got a steam up at the desk and realised its on Eurosport which I have on the telly box.

Not sure Nibali will hang on over the climb where as usual Sky start putting on the pressure (I Imagine for Bosan) but may rue it as its a strong pack

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Cheers, although I got a steam up at the desk and realised its on Eurosport which I have on the telly box.

Not sure Nibali will hang on over the climb where as usual Sky start putting on the pressure (I Imagine for Bosan) but may rue it as its a strong pack

I'd be amazed if Nibs stays away. Got to admire the intent though.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Gutted, Degenkolb mechanical :(

Helps me out bet wise but I'd rather see a fair fight amongst all the favourites.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here