Curtains for the BBC...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The attack on the Beeb from Vote Leave government defies logic

With the UK economically weakened by Brexit and trying to strive to be global Britain, the Beeb is an excellent source of soft power and also is part of the glue that hold Britain together

Meanwhile the flag shagging and faux patriotism continues, just more self harm that only benefits outsiders

Jan 30, 2008

With the UK economically weakened by Brexit and trying to strive to be global Britain, the Beeb is an excellent source of soft power and also is part of the glue that hold Britain together

Meanwhile the flag shagging and faux patriotism continues, just more self harm that only benefits outsiders

Deluded , people are ditching the BBC in their droves , why ? because of their Biased views, woke ideals and box ticking agendas ,your average person has had enough ,wakey wakey !

Regards
DF

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017

Totally agree, attacking the Beeb is attacking Britain and reducing its global reach. The people who benefit from such actions are China, Russia and the USA as a weakened BBC leaves more elbow room for their own global media efforts.

No true patriot, regardless of their political persuasion, would advocate the weakening of the BBC. To do so would be to act in the interests of the players mentioned above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Totally agree, attacking the Beeb is attacking Britain and reducing its global reach. The people who benefit from such actions are China, Russia and the USA as a weakened BBC leaves more elbow room for their own global media efforts.

No true patriot, regardless of their political persuasion, would advocate the weakening of the BBC. To do so would be to act in the interests of the players mentioned above.

I bet you would mount the same defence of other global leading British institutions like say our universities in Oxford and Cambridge?

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/politics/dreaming-spies-the-inside-story-of-the-kgb-at-oxford

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Ah, whataboutery. Don’t hide behind tangential issues, stick to the topic under discussion.

I have……if you are unable to process more subtle elements of a debate that’s your problem not mine. The BBC is not simply bricks and mortar, just like the universities in Oxford and Cambridge.

Simply because it exists doesn’t mean it’s an unimpeachable source of good or truth.

Unless of course you’re one of those Herberts that believe in God……….apologies i understand where you are coming from now.

Last edited:

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
I have……if you are unable to process more subtle elements of a debate that’s your problem not mine. The BBC is not simply bricks and mortar, just like the universities in Oxford and Cambridge.

Simply because it exists doesn’t mean it’s an unedifying source of good or truth.

Unless of course you’re one of those Herberts that believe in God……….apologies i understand where you are coming from now.

If it's whataboutery you enjoy Rob, how about your employer reaping the rewards of Tory donations.

https://goodlawproject.org/update/computacenter-shareholder-payout/

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017

Simply because it exists doesn’t mean it’s an unedifying source of good or truth.

Sorry, I’ve given you a couple of opportunities to come up with a meaningful point based on my post above. You haven’t managed it.

You seem extremely coy about stating anything with any certainty, preferring insinuation and vagueness. Unless you’re prepared to state your case plainly, and “nail your colours to the mast” so to speak, there’s no point engaging with you, in the same way there’s no point trying to shovel fog.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
If it's whataboutery you enjoy Rob, how about your employer reaping the rewards of Tory donations.

https://goodlawproject.org/update/computacenter-shareholder-payout/

You again……as I said previously you clearly don’t know me despite your efforts to pretend you do?

You don’t know my name nor do you know who I work for……..that is a fact. A point I seem to have to make for a number of the befuddled narcissists on here.

If you want to back yourself up that you really do know both my name and who I work for we can stake £5000 for a charity of our choice (we can ask a mod to act impartially)……..so either front up with your money or apologise for your libellous trolling on your next post before you f*ck off to your likely tragic life.

Well?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

What we are seeing on here is a group of people AGAIN being convinced by offshore billionaires to harm their own country, victims of decades of grooming....

Interestingly, I'm not convinced the war on the Beeb would be as popular with some Tory voters as they think. Its actually something Labour could capitalise on.

Last edited:

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
I'm not convinced the war on the Beeb would be as popular with Tory voters as they think. Its actually something Labour could capitalise on.

Agreed. I would say that a majority of Conservative voters actually want a strong global BBC, it reflects well on the country as a whole.

I can understand that some Conservative voters feel that an agenda that has prioritised social progressiveness at the expense of everything else has been rammed unsubtly down their throats, but that doesn’t mean they all want the entire infrastructure dismantled, just that they want to feel a bit less like they’re being preached to.

These loonies who want to completely dismantle Britain’s soft power infrastructure are very much guilty of throwing the baby out with the bath water, and are being cheered on all the way by a small number of nation states and global media moguls who find the BBC expensive and annoying to have to compete with.

Politicians are conflating media support from those who have to compete with the BBC with widespread public support, when even after years of anti-BBC articles, most of Britain retains a great deal of affection for the BBC.

We don’t want to import all our culture. We want to create and maintain some of our own. The BBC is our strongest institution by far in that regard, and should be celebrated and strengthened.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Agreed. I would say that a majority of Conservative voters actually want a strong global BBC, it reflects well on the country as a whole.

I can understand that some Conservative voters feel that an agenda that has prioritised social progressiveness at the expense of everything else has been rammed unsubtly down their throats, but that doesn’t mean they all want the entire infrastructure dismantled, just that they want to feel a bit less like they’re being preached to.

These loonies who want to completely dismantle Britain’s soft power infrastructure are very much guilty of throwing the baby out with the bath water, and are being cheered on all the way by a small number of nation states and global media moguls who find the BBC expensive and annoying to have to compete with.

Politicians are conflating media support from those who have to compete with the BBC with widespread public support, when even after years of anti-BBC articles, most of Britain retains a great deal of affection for the BBC.

We don’t want to import all our culture. We want to create and maintain some of our own. The BBC is our strongest institution by far in that regard, and should be celebrated and strengthened.

I agree and thanks for this....

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You again……as I said previously you clearly don’t know me despite your efforts to pretend you do?

You don’t know my name nor do you know who I work for……..that is a fact. A point I seem to have to make for a number of the befuddled narcissists on here.

If you want to back yourself up that you really do know both my name and who I work for we can stake £5000 for a charity of our choice (we can ask a mod to act impartially)……..so either front up with your money or apologise for your libellous trolling on your next post before you f*ck off to your likely tragic life.

Well?

£5000 :lolol:

Brilliant.

Jan 30, 2008

:facepalm:

Regards
DF

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
[aQUOTE=The Clamp;10144774]£5000 :lolol:

Brilliant.[/QUOTE]

You took your time getting here Clampy?

The proposal stands, if people like bhadebenhams want to assert libellous views about me on here then no point putting them to the test with a derisory value. If it matters enough for some to want to reference what they think they know about me on here then let it really matter. Unsurprisingly he has since melted away.

But now your here and as one of this forum’s principle befuddled narcissists, (your signature says it all doesn’t it), do you a) want to underwrite bhadebenhams assertions for a donation to charity, or b) as Bozza says, play nicely, whilst it’s flattering to be of such interest to you lot, this obsession with what I wear, where I live and what I do etc. really isn’t healthy.

Chin chin.

Jan 30, 2008

Brilliant.

The proposal stands, if people like bhadebenhams want to assert libellous views about me on here then no point putting them to the test with a derisory value. If it matters enough for some to want to reference what they think they know about me on here then let it really matter. Unsurprisingly he has since melted away.

But now your here and as one of this forum’s principle befuddled narcissists, (your signature says it all doesn’t it), do you a) want to underwrite bhadebenhams assertions for a donation to charity, or b) as Bozza says, play nicely, whilst it’s flattering to be of such interest to you lot, this obsession with what I wear, where I live and what I do etc. really isn’t healthy.

Chin chin.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't concern yourself, there's plenty on here who seem to think they know about me it's always worth a chuckle .

Regards
DF

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Brilliant.

Chin chin.[/QUOTE]

I have absolutely no interest in your private life or your personal details and if my memory serve me correctly I have never enquired or guessed. The 5k figure made me chuckle as it’s like something a school kid would say “ “I bet you a million pounds” :lolol:
There’s really no need to get so worked up over my comment. So please calm down Scrappy Doo.

If I may offer a tip though? If you are going to accuse people of being libellous it’s probably in your interest to ;

A) get the correct poster.

B) not go around accusing people of being a narcissist. It is not your place to diagnose personality disorders on a forum. I am not keen on the trend of calling anyone who does something you don’t like a narcissist. A few years ago it was psychopath, now it’s narcissist. It’s not okay and I’d politely ask you not to throw accusations of mental health problems around on an Internet forum. I have done it before and trust me, it’s not a good look.

The signature? It’s a Modern Toss quote. Brighton cartoonist.

Cheers
TC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports