Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Current World XI Draft

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Sorry out for a meal but I've snuck on to keep the draft going.

My second pick will be a brilliant defender and a exceptional athlete. Tiago Silva

Will post details/categories when I get in. [MENTION=23606]Shatner's Bassoon[/MENTION] is up now.

Draft > Life. :thumbsup:

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
My next pick has it all: he's only 25, and yet has been at the heart of midfield for the best club and international sides of the past few years. He's played in, and won, two European Cups, a European Championship and a World Cup Final. He is, by any estimation, a brilliant player.

But what sways it for me is that I want my team to be 'Mes que en club'. I want ambassadors, players who I can be proud of. And does anyone's popularity transcend tribalism like my next pick? Is there a more loveable, universally admired player than Sergio Busquets?

sergio-busquets.jpg

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm now beginning to understand just how tough this will be by the time of the last pick. I currently only have two players who've not already been grabbed left...nightmare!

Yup, this is going to get VERY tricky the further into it we go.

I thought the Brighton one was tricky at times but with double the players and challenging categories this one is much harder

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Sorry out for a meal but I've snuck on to keep the draft going.

My second pick will be a brilliant defender and a exceptional athlete. Tiago Silva

Will post details/categories when I get in. [MENTION=23606]Shatner's Bassoon[/MENTION] is up now.

Ahhhhh, I even did some research on him :annoyed: :lolol:

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I'm gonna use my second pick to snatch up a potentially very useful player in this draft. He started of at Shrewsbury Town before making it in the big time with Manchester City. He has become England's number 1 and has won the Premier League's Golden Glove for the last 3 seasons. This player is of course:
Joe Hart.

View attachment 52818

Your go [MENTION=286]Garry Nelson's Left Foot[/MENTION]

Now for the long and tense wait!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
With 30 picks between my second and third round drafts, I need a bit of time to think carefully about who to choose. By the time my turn comes round again I could be out of all my shortlisted players...

Give me a few minutes guys...

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
O.K, after careful consideration it has become obvious who I need to make my second round pick.

He's a man that offers amazing versatility, being able to play in centre midfield or the centre of defence. He is eligible for four different categories having played in four different countries, winning the title in two of them and reaching two champions league finals along the way plus having amassed 95 caps for his country.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I proudly present my second round pick:

Javier Mascherano

Javier-Mascherano-002.jpg

[MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION], its over to you.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Been out for the evening, come back, not one pick. Is it 10 hours the "timer"?

[MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] has until 02:31. After that, the game moves on to the next player and so on. However, [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] can catch up on his go at any time whilst the game continues.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
As it stands at the moment, it is [MENTION=1349]turienzo's lovechild[/MENTION] 's pick, but [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] still has a pick to make up when he's next online as he missed his 10-hour window.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here