Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Bornmouth had a go at times, then sat and broke play up. More of that from Palace today, falling over for free kicks, claiming injury to break momentum. Its all they've ever known

They won't try and play us, they're nowhere near our standard to be able to do that.
I’ll agree they do love a pratfall. Up to the officials to be on top of that though, there’s sod all RDZ and the team can do about that.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I’m not sure. I don’t know why but I’m weirdly optimistic for this one. I think the Bournemouth result finally made me think that perhaps we’ve broken an old pattern of “an unexpected/difficult win must be followed by an unexpected loss to a team lower in the table.”

And let’s be honest, we all really want to win this one.
Most teams are lower in the table than us nowadays!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I’m not sure. I don’t know why but I’m weirdly optimistic for this one. I think the Bournemouth result finally made me think that perhaps we’ve broken an old pattern of “an unexpected/difficult win must be followed by an unexpected loss to a team lower in the table.”
I don't want to ruin your good mood, but part of the reason this sport is the best in the world is that football is not that predictable. We won against Bournemouth, but on another day we'd have drawn or lost. ie, games like that in the future will end in different results.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
To be fair they played far better in that game than they have against us for many years. They actually had a go, competed. It was like a proper football game that one. Understandable that they look back at it fondly.
I agree and they were the better team, but dominate?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Well if you pop onto Holmesdale forum, they are in general not that confident today, however like us they have their fair share of gormless wonders..

"The seaweed have lost Toss-hard. I reckon that will gift us a clean sheet"

eeerrrr, we have not lost since he left, and scored something like 20 goals...
catch up at the back will ya.....

Buzzing for 3pm

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Can't get excited for the pregame for this one, more of a chore but haven't been in 5 or 6 seasons so hoping things are different this afternoon.

Draw :moo:

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I am so hoping Ferguson is fit and gets a chance to play.

That lad is primed for a Palace match - there’s a tremendous FU mentality about him and I can only see him thriving in a hostile atmosphere with a big grin on his face.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I am so hoping Ferguson is fit and gets a chance to play.

That lad is primed for a Palace match - there’s a tremendous FU mentality about him and I can only see him thriving in a hostile atmosphere with a big grin on his face.
Me too. I am assuming RDZ's comments about it being difficult to choose between him and Undav are just a subtle nod to Undav to say I know byou played well last week, but I am still going to start with Ferguson

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here