Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Under previous management we wouldn’t have won at Bournemouth, but we did. I think Palace will try to play more than Bournemouth did, potentially giving us more opportunity.

Three points today please, Alexis is back, Undav and Ferguson have both looked up for it, we can do this.
Bornmouth had a go at times, then sat and broke play up. More of that from Palace today, falling over for free kicks, claiming injury to break momentum. Its all they've ever known

They won't try and play us, they're nowhere near our standard to be able to do that.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I don't

they play exactly like Bournemouth did.
Even at home:

Recent Home possession stats in Prem games
39% against United
39% against Newcastle
36% against Fulham
44% against Southampton
47% against Spurs

I haven’t seen loads of Palace this season, but when I have seen them, they haven’t seemed “two banks of four” all match.

Not denying the possession stats, but could that be that they’re just not very good, rather than sitting back for 90 minutes?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Not excited at all about today. Got my ticket and off to stand behind a post for 90 minutes. Oh, and drink cider because they don't do ale.
0:3 if we take it easy on them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Some reporters ask certain questions at press conferences which are embargoed until later in the day (in this instance 10:30)

Think it’s normally the written press beyond the videoed press conference. Not sure why to be honest
Oh ok, but there's nothing to stop them lying in the press conference. X isn't fit, followed by them announced in the starting line-up an hour before kickoff.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Under previous management we wouldn’t have won at Bournemouth, but we did. I think Palace will try to play more than Bournemouth did, potentially giving us more opportunity.
I think they will try to attack more than Bournemouth, but there will also be counter attack opportunities for them and I can't see them being as wasteful as Bournemouth.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I've got a tree in the back lane to pollard - that will keep me occupied!
Could take a while ???

pollard.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Expecting shitehousing from Palace from the off.

Bornmouth had a go at times, then sat and broke play up. More of that from Palace today, falling over for free kicks, claiming injury to break momentum. Its all they've ever known
Unfortunately true and very predictable. I guess if Michael Oliver is in charge we've got as good a chance as we can hope that he doesn't fall for it all.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I think this is the first season, when the board hasn't been swamped with palace posters before this game.

Have they been banned?
If not and if today goes badly, can they be?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here