Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Imagine being excited about a 34 year old who's been injured most of the season coming back to play.

That's how bad things are up there.
Now you've gone and done it!

1-0 James macarthur winner - palace 2 shots 3 touches in our box, albion 54 shots 49 touches in their box

... but, this isn't GPs BHA... will things be different??

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
All I have been thinking about for the last few days! Really hope we put a marker and stuff them, but I just don't think we will.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Time it kicks off I'll be on an 11hr flight back from Cape Town. Hopefully 3pts delivered when I land
I was there for a few weeks last month,... I watched the Liverpool league game win in a basement dive bar in Ndabemi with a number of Man U and Man City fans who had gathered for the Manchester derby lunchtime kick off.

Hard to beat the Cape for a visit.... watched SA20 cricket at Newlands, and Stormers rugby Vs Clermont at the main stadium.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was there for a couple of weeks recently,... I watched the Liverpool league game victory in a basement dive bar

I was there for a few weeks last month,... I watched the Liverpool league game win in a basement dive bar in Ndabemi with a number of Man U and Man City fans who had gathered for the Manchester derby lunchtime kick off.
You guys must have bumped into each other

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Would you get rid of it if you could though? If you could wake up today and had next to no interest in football?

I know I wouldn't!
"Football. f***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive bastards."

D. Baker

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I'm obviously out of touch with things - what's the late night embargo?
Some reporters ask certain questions at press conferences which are embargoed until later in the day (in this instance 10:30)

Think it’s normally the written press beyond the videoed press conference. Not sure why to be honest

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Hate going into these games in such good form. Everything points to disappointment but I was convinced we'd lose to bournemouth so who knows.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Now you've gone and done it!

1-0 James macarthur winner - palace 2 shots 3 touches in our box, albion 54 shots 49 touches in their box

... but, this isn't GPs BHA... will things be different??
I've said elsewhere, If we get 20 shots in this game, we win.

We're a different animal under De Zerbi.
20 shots with Potter was alwys through a packed defence.
20 shots under RDZ means we've been carving through them.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
No predictions from me… if I forecast a win it always puts a hex on them and they don’t..Nobody would surely predict a defeat today! So I look forward in hope . After all the form book is in our favour.. We are certainly good enough, so let’s just do it ! :albion2:

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Under previous management we wouldn’t have won at Bournemouth, but we did. I think Palace will try to play more than Bournemouth did, potentially giving us more opportunity.

Three points today please, Alexis is back, Undav and Ferguson have both looked up for it, we can do this.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Expecting shitehousing from Palace from the off. I hope RDZ’s instructions to play our game are followed and we don’t get sucked into a scrappy ”dragged down to their level” game

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Aside from the fact this is ALWAYS a big calendar date for me, it’s a joy to have a manager in charge who is genuinely buzzing about the prospect of playing Palace.

Somewhat unlike Grey-am Potter who seemed to approach these matches with the same enthusiasm as a trip to the local recycling centre….

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Under previous management we wouldn’t have won at Bournemouth, but we did. I think Palace will try to play more than Bournemouth did, potentially giving us more opportunity.

Three points today please, Alexis is back, Undav and Ferguson have both looked up for it, we can do this.
I don't

they play exactly like Bournemouth did.
Even at home:

Recent Home possession stats in Prem games
39% against United
39% against Newcastle
36% against Fulham
44% against Southampton
47% against Spurs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here